Sign in to follow this  

Still no Water Animation with OceanFX.

Is anyone having a problem getting the water to animate with this program. I have installed Ed Truthan's Textures files but still no luck. I also am using the application program to make them run in tandem. The Read Me says you need Visual Basic to make the program work. I don't know anything about Visual Basic. I am running Windows 98 SE But in case I didn't have VB-5 or VB6, and VB6-SP, I downloaded them and installed them in order. That still didn't help. I can see the textures... but there is no water movement.Can anyone help me... I am using a GE-Force 3 vid card if that is important. The ASUS 8200 model.On Bear's reviews... he makes such a big deal about what a wonderful program this is... rated it gold and says he would have it before about anything else... but I can't make it work. Does anyone know his e-mail address. I can't find it. Maybe he would know the answer.Thanks one and all!Steve

Had the same problem. You have to enable the "detailed ground textures" (or something like that, don't remember exactly) in FS2002. Too bad the ReadMe file doesn't mention this.Michael J.

Thanks Michael,I'm at the office now, but I will poke around main FS-2002 cfg file and see if I can find something like that. Just wonder... did you get it to work, and what did you think of it?Take care, Steve

Eureka!I found the answer by trial and error... For anyone having this problem... this should fix it...Change the Water effects value in the main FS2002 cfg file...It should read this: WATER_EFFECTS=4I think the default value is "2." But now the water animates and is very very pretty!Thanks all and God bless!Steve