Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

I'm sure MS DON'T learn from previous errors!!

I seem to be one of those fortunate ones who didn't decide to buy Cf3, not just because i'm not really keen on blowing things up, but by the shear visual quality of the program.I was very suprised that MS were actually releasing preview pictures of VERY bad quality terrain etc. The only things which i can visually comment on are that the clouds look great, so do the exteria of the a/c, but thats it!I've been reading into a few reviews on the sim - just out of interest, and they seem to be stating clearly what i've thought about the program all along - and i haven't even needed to buy it to find it out!Here's a few review links to read about:http://www.il2center.com/Media/CFS3Review - click on pic 14http://www.il2center.com/modules.php?name=...=showpage&pid=1 - (look on pg 2/5 about graphics)I'm not trying to run MS down for their faults, but i would have least thought they would have learnt from previous errors, for instance with the quality of FS2002 terrain, and the refresh rate of texturing,.... obviously not. It does make you wonder whether we'll see much of an improvement conerning terrain graphics and quality in FS2004!!???!!There is light at the end of the tunnel, i think? heheCheersWill

And you trust an Il-2 site to give an unbiassed review of a competing product?I've seen some quite stunning screenshots from CFS3, so I'm not going to believe people who say the visuals are cr*p.I haven't got it, so I can't comment on the flightmodels, but in general they are decent (not stellar, decent. Aimed at the casual flyer instead of the shithot fighterjock. Just like MSFS in fact).

Oh sorry, didn't realise that it was Il-2's site, i got the link off the Cf3 forum.Yea i've seen some amazing shots, but also bad ones.I can't recall name of another sim (something like LOCK.. - a fighter jet sim) where the shear quality of this can't be compared to others. The pictures that have been released by them are completely amazing (i just hope the game play will be as good also). I get the impression that they are concentrating hard on achieving a quality both visually and in game play, that haven't been seen before in the sim world. Relating this product to that of Cf3, it has basically no comparision -visually-. To be honest, i've wondered whether MS spent much time making this program to be good all round, or whether it was hurried?Anyway, lets see what this other sim has to offer, then we can make better judgements.CheersWill

Please post CFS3 related messages in the Combat Sim Forum here. I am shutting this one down, so please do move this discussion over to that forum.