Sign in to follow this  

FREE DOWNLOAD: US National Landclass Beta 2a

Great work, justin...you are the greatest...btw, did you ever get that grad degree you were working on a few years ago...and if so, what are you doing now, besides giving away such great scenery additions...:-)sherm

Guest jase439

Quick...quick...there's no time! Somebody hurry and fetch the payware police. We can't have renegades like this running rampant advertising free downloads like this!

Very nice, The first version I was not too impressed with the Hagerstown Maryland Scenery and was going to reinstall fslandclass scenery. This version is a great improvement and a keeper.

It now seems that part of Washington National is in the water or part of the Potomac. Anybody else notice this?

HI Weave,Yep. I inadvertently uploaded a file that didn't include my latest edits. As well I flooded the Bahamas.All fixed now. Simply download and install again and everything should be as it's supposed to be.Thanks, and sorry for my carelessness . . .Justinhttp://www.fsgenesis.com

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Guest BrianC

Just another example of quality payware developers selling themselves out to the freeware crowd... if we get much more of this, payware will be dead!!

No need for apologies, after all its FREEWARE. Thanks for the response and for the excellent landclass scenery.Regards,Weave

Guest nhill

Thanks Justin. Your generosity in supplying these landclass files is greatly appreciated. I can finally fly the east coast with some sense of reality (and they look great with your mesh scenery). I'm really looking forward to see what your method of file building directly from USGS data makes the North West look like (where I have some expertise in creating landclass files). Keep up the great work.

Guest dek

Don't worry, payware will never be dead. There is a tremendous amount of money to be made.And I just followed the link listed and found all kinds of payware. In fact, almost all payware. Its like a store giving free candy to get you in to buy.So who cares anymore!!!!! dek

Hi Justin,Your land class is sensational. For the first time in months, I'm spending more time flying and less time downloading.I was surprised to see that the city of Montreal is missing (downtown skyscrapers arise out of farmland), but the rest of Canada has looked great so far.Thanks for making this excellent work available for free.

HI JohnI'm looking for some good source data for the rest of Quebec. When I find it, I'll add it. Meanwhile, I'll have a look at Montreal and see what I can do with the data I have.Thanks for the report.(I thought Ottawa and Toronto turned out real well for the first time through, though.)Justin

Justin - Toposim

Justin...I am glad to see that someone has FINALLY "stepped up to the plate" on this and centralized a place for quality US (and possibly other) landclass data. This "centralization" by somebody has been long overdue, and a great business opportunity I might add.Without naming names, I recommended exactly what you are doing (via this forum), to another entrepreneur right after landclass in FS was first discovered. It was clearly an important part of the FS future. Too bad (for me) I'm retired, and beyond all this. (a gentle way of saying I'm too damned old !) I hope you can ultimately find a way to standardize and simplify input generation from ANYONE who wants to contribute to the on-going project. And this "standardization" might take the form of a freeware program that provides an easy to use graphical interface to landclass maping, while generating file output in the form that you want it in.I would personally find it a great deal of fun to provide data for the area around Crystal River, Florida, if this were the case.This is going to get exciting !!!Good Luck...Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card

HI Bob,I don't have it posted on my web site yet, but I'm working on a detailed form feeding a database for local end-user input. It will work essentially using lat/long coords, and text descriptions of revisions.Once the project moves into phase 2, I'll take these local user reports and incorporate them into subsequent revisions, which should be released on a more or less regular and frequent schedule.Until I have the input form and mechanism in place, anyone can use landclass@fsgenesis.com to submit your informal reports, which will be incorporated into the Phase 1 betas.ThanksJustin

Justin - Toposim