Sign in to follow this  

FREE DOWNLOAD: US National Landclass Beta 2a

Not exactly sure what a mountain texture is. Mountains can pretty much have any texture on them, depending on their slope.Maybe he means the bare rock texture that is in some places in the current beta. The NLCD source has a classification of bare rock, sand, clay. When I was doing my original index mapping, I just sort of put that texture into that classification. I have since changed it to a dirt texture for the midwest.JustinFSG

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Am I right in assuming that the bare rock texture used in the East had a purplish hue? Because of the color, it didn't seem to blend in naturally with the surrounding terrain. Other than that, I thought everything was just great.

HI John,You're probably thinking about the Lava texture I used to simulate quarries and strip mines, which rarely blend in naturally with the surrounding terrain in the real world. This still under experimentation, too.JustinFSG

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Justin-Great job on the LC releases. I've been enjoying them quite thoroughly. To my amazement, it even stretches as far west as the Indianapolis area which I wasn't prepared for. It looks MUCH better than the default LC. Although, it does look rather odd to see those mountain/bare rock textures in central Indiana. But, seeing as you stated that you are working on using another texture for the midwest area in place of those bare rock textures, I'll eagerly download and install any future updates. Great job on the scenery.Regards,Dan Zollner

Guest RobA

Justin, The Bahamas is in dire need of your talents! :-)Best, RobTDM 9111