Sign in to follow this  
Guest cj_flys_wmu

Anyone Know Where To Find Denver Airport Dimensions???

I've been trying to begin work on some Denver International Airport Scenery.....but I can't seem to find the airports building dimensions......and some place to find a pic of the buildings and gates to make it as "Real as it gets".......thanx for any help!~Brent BurkloBrentbefine79@aol.com

Brent,I am afraid that you are going to have to guess on those demensions. I have been using the 737 guide, I know that the wingspan of a 737-4 is 94.7ft so I try and figure out how many wingspans an area is in size and geuss the height the same way( you can use this to geustimate distances between gates).I have considered writting a couple of Airport Managers for detailed info but I don't know if it's worth having the Person's dressed in BLACK knocking at my door...if you know what I mean.It is my hope you live in the Mile High city so you can make a visit or two to get what you need. Also you may find pic of KDEN at Airliners.net by typing in KDEN to a search, that may be of great assistance or just check and see if KDEN has a Homepage.Hope this get you started. I am wortking on redoing a couple of fields myself.http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...9d503cc53ab.jpg

Guest jase439

Take a look at Terraserver or the nVidia EarthViewer and use satellite imagery as a guideline.

Hi Brent,I live in the Denver area and fly GA locally- anything I can do for you?Bruce.

The DIA web site is http://www.flydenver.com. I just poked aroundthere a bit and did not immediately see anything too useful. Still,there are contacts and if you dig deeper, there may be a fewnuggets or photos to go by.Don Leuenberger

Thanx for the reply guys.....i'm still searching and i'm getting somethings here and there! I might just have to take a visit to DEN to get what I need! And thanx for the interest! If I need any help i'll contact you Brucek! ~Brent Burklobrentbefine79@aol.com

Let me know. I do have airport diagrams (mainly runways) for real world flying, but I doubt these will be much good for you. After 9/11, you have to flying into / out of DEN to see much of anything- and even then anythig that looks in the least suspicious is quickly dealt with. Bruce.

Guest cj_flys_wmu

For Runway dimentions try www.airnav.com and type in KDEN for the ident. Also try http://www.naco.faa.gov/ap_diagrams.asp and use KDEN again and you can get a really nice airport diagram in PDF format. These are all pretty much to scale.Take care,-CJ Starr