Sign in to follow this  
brandon

Deleting an AFCAD created overlay airport

HelloI installed a 2 txt (2LAX and KLAX) file overlay for LAX airport. Now I have found a better 4 overlay system of Los Angeles Intl. airport somewhere else. How do I delete the 2LAX airport visible in AFCAD. I don

Guest jase439

You can't. You must reinstall the original BGL file from a backup or off your FS2002 CD and then reinstall your new AFCAD overlays.Cheers,J

You should be able to avoid conflicts by just deleting all the taxiways, runways, gates and (Important!) the airport reference point. The airport will still show up in the directory, but AI aircraft won' be confused by it anymore. Misha

thanks guysSpeaking of reference points. Is it correct that when mixing various airlines to various overlays in the program "AI Traffic Mover" you have to manually create the new airport in the airport.txt list before so that it will show up as an arport when moving traffic. If I don

Yes, you need to add the overlays to the airports.txt. That's not what I meant by airport reference point though. If you open the airport in AFCAD there should be a little pink circle with a cross through it. That's the airport reference point for AFCAD purposes. Ideally, it should be smack in the middle of the runway that the relevant overlay uses for landings, and each overlay should have its own runway. If you have more than one reference point on the same runway, or near the runway, the landing AI aircraft may get confused and taxi acrossthe grass to the next taxiway and end up at the wrong terminal. Make sure you delete the reference point for the deactivated overlays or move it far away from the runway. That should avoid any confusion.Misha

I believe this can only be done in the latest version of AFCAD (V1.3.1). I had to do this last night and it worked fine AFAIK.