Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

New hardware: desperately need help!

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi friends,recently upgraded my system.My old PC: ATHLON 1.4GB (ASUS A7V133 MoBo), GeForce2 MX, 768 MB ram.My new PC: P4 2.53GB (ASUS P4PE MoBo), GeForce4 ASUS TI4200 (Detonator 29.42), 768 MB ram.1)FS2002 loads slower than before at the beginning and also after when loading the flight, and performance increase in term of fps is very low!!!2)i need a detailed list of Riva Tuner settings for best performance and image quality.I also tried new Det's 40.72 but nothing changed :-(Can any kind soul out there help me?Thanks in advancecheersLuigi ;-)

Hi LuigiFirst: sorry for my bad english grammer!!!! lolOk, i had exactly the same problem, i upgraded from AMD 1400 to Pentium 4 2800, and was very disapointet with results!Do you have 3DMark2001 SE? it helps to find out how good your system is running, what os do you run?I run XP profMy solution was: I had to uninstall all my videodrivers, i mean like really uninstall, with all the registry keys and all the stuff, and after i had a fresh driver install Det 40.72, it was good to go!You will find instructions how to uninstall drivers here in this forum!Greets McDaniel

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi my friend,my OS is Win98 SE and never had a problem before.I gave a try at new Det's 40.72 but each time i start my PC it gives me a missing file error (something like nvtweak***).Is that because i'm still running with 29,42.Thanks for suggestion, i'll try it!CheersLuigi ;-)

This might sound patronising but it's not meant to be. I have seen a few cases like this recently and it's often the case that the wrong graphics card drivers have been downloaded. Luigi, have you got the Win 98 Detonators as opposed to the Win XP/2000 ones? It's worth a check but forgive me if you think I'm insulting your intelligence!If you have got the correct drivers then it might be a case of fully uninstalling the previous drivers and then installing the new ones. However experience seems to show that uninstalling the Det's is only necessary when you want to install an OLDER set of drivers ie you can install a new set of Det's on top of the old ones.I've just dowloaded the WHQL Detonator 40.72s, so I'll try to install them on top of the old ones! :-eek :-eek :-eekSeeyaRobbie

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings!I've noticed that these kinds of questions are better and more detailedly answered at the flightsim.com forum. This matter, and some closely related ones, have been competently dealt with and subsequently laid to rest by (among others) Simon Evans there, in several threads. Your problems can be solved!Jaap Verduijn.

How are framerates and other issues of the new computer when compared to the old?

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

All applications are faster (MSWord, PSP etc); FS2002 loads slower than before both when starting program and loading flight. Fps seems just a bit higher (3-5 frames or less)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-(Let's hope anyway......Luigi ;-)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

I checked that file name and it's called 40.72_win9x_WHQL.exeIt is the correct one. Now i'm trying to uninstall older drivers and install the new set.However in the past i didn't uninstall any before installing new drivers.Luigi ;-)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Thanks a lot for suggestion, i'll check that forum.cheersLuigi ;-)

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Well folks,i uninstalled as per instructions using Detonator Destroyer v1.02 old drivers and installed new Det's 40.72.I noticed a jump in performance (from 20 to 29 fps using same situation). What i dislike is the time FS2002 takes to load when starting and loading flight; i'm not sure but it seems it takes longer to load compared to my old PC.cheersLuigi ;-)