Sign in to follow this  

Daddy, I want a fighter plane...

Guest SlimDady

LOL sweet.. 250 000$ is a pretty good deal for that plane.. Just imagine the operating cost of that thing.

Guest emergency_pants

heehee... yeah. And the insurance? Wooo! Third party, fire and theft.

With the old question of FS pilots taking over an airliner because of incapacitated pilots.................How many FS "jet jockey" pilots would feel comfortable about jumping right into this cockpit???? :-lol L.Adamson

The initial cost is pretty darn attractive. However, most likely, you will need a full-time mechanic that knows what he is doing. Then you add in fuel costs and, if you are lucky enough to find an insurance company that will have you (after all the hours of lead-in training) then you are faced with a parts problem. Lovely isn't it? I'd do it if I could afford it......

A quote from Smithosian Air & Space Magazine. 'Russian Revolution.' April/May 2002:...whispers found their way to insurance underwriters that Soviet airplanes were exploding bags of bones.Yes, I would imagine insureance would be quite a bit. This particualr A&S airticle continues witha a description of how Paul Entrekin took his MiG-15 on the airshow circuit for two years without insurance. Eventually operating a Russian warbird became more economical, but probably not nearly as economical, but not enough for anybody who intends to fly the aircraft only for foun, maybe every weekend. Maybe the buyer is a collector who doesn't intend to fly it... But the aircraft is entirely airworthy...