Sign in to follow this  

Flaps sound gets `stuck'

[H3]Flaps get `stuck'[/H3]Some of the bigger models have flap deploy times as much or more than 30-seconds. Sometimes when setting flaps to the first `notch'.. like 1-degree .. the sound get's `stuck' and never shuts off. Some sound packs have really annoying flap sounds and when the two combine .. it's really aggravating.Why do the flap sounds that should play for 3 - 5 seconds get `stuck' and not shut off..!! Isn't this annoying??Please advise...

Guest Tim W

When this happens just press Q twice and the sound should stop.RegardsTim

Hi, Edwinn->Some of the bigger models have flap deploy times as much or >more than 30-seconds. Sometimes when setting flaps to the >first `notch'.. like 1-degree .. the sound get's `stuck' and >never shuts off.The same thing happens to me- but also on smaller aircraft. It seems to happen more frequently with some aircraft than others- for example, it happens every time on the Seneca V for me but infrequently on the Cheyenne 200. To get it to stop, I have to repeatedly raise and lower the flaps until the sound stops.Let's compare system specs to see if we have anything in common-Athlon 2000+ w/ 512 MB RAM, NVidia Ti 4600 w/ 128 MB RAM, SoundBlaster Audigy Gamer, Windows XP SP 1You (and anyone else)?-Simon

Sorry dude.. the only thing we have in common is the amount of RAM .. and you will laugh (although you should not) at my `workhorse' dual-500MHz Xeon, all SCSI system (no IDE anything) and the graphics card is a nVidia TNT2 32MB (nVidia drivers 40.xx) -- It runs Win2000 SP3 and has twin 10,000 RPM and twin 7,200 RPM SCSI hard drives under the hood!!

Guest Niels_C

Hi all,Hmm, does the 767 not have a fairly long "slats recovery"?Other than that, it would appear that especially if you switchviews while flaps/slats operate, the sound may get stuck.SCSI all the way? Wow! Just make sure it survives when/if youopgrade to newer CPU/GFX card/Whatever. SCSI is king performancewise! My dough unfortunately prohibited a meaningfulSCSI setup, so UDMA here. :-(-Niels Christiansen

Hi, Tim->When this happens just press Q twice and the sound should >stop.I've remapped almost all my keys- what function does "Q" represent?-Simon

>Hi, Edwinn- >>>Some of the bigger models have flap deploy times as much or >>more than 30-seconds. Sometimes when setting flaps to the >>first `notch'.. like 1-degree .. the sound get's `stuck' and >>never shuts off.>>The same thing happens to me- but also on smaller aircraft. >It seems to happen more frequently with some aircraft than >others- for example, it happens every time on the Seneca V >for me but infrequently on the Cheyenne 200. To get it to >stop, I have to repeatedly raise and lower the flaps until >the sound stops. >>>-Simon What about if you press the F7 key to lower the flaps a second time before the first WAV file plays out? Could that be it? Do you have to wait for the first flap event to complete?Cheers..!!

Yeah, I'm having this problem with the new Seneca V. Loops about 3 or 4 times too many. Wish I knew of a fix!

Guest RobA

Simon, I think the problem lies with different aircraft, rather than a computer system problem. Pressing "Q" doesn't work for me but raise/lower flaps a few times does. :-) I've never seen much discussion on the contents of a sound.cfg, but suppose it could be fixed there!?Best, Rob