Sign in to follow this  
Guest brewmaster

Dreamfleet 737 Problems? Help Please.

I am using the DF737 package (just got it). I've tried it both with the default DF737-400 and a PF 737-300 (the aircraft.cfg and FDE are already set for use with DF737). I have two different problems I am experiencing.1. I have a Sidewinder FF (not FF2) joystick and the rudder axis (joystick grip twist) works fine on all other aircraft. With the DF737, it won't move the rudder and I am forced to select Alternate Rudder (i.e. the "Auto-Coordination" switch) and steer using the joystick's x-axis rather than the rudder axis. The sidewinder is set with default null and sensitivity. Is there a bug in DF737, will the joystick's rudder axis just not work, or do I have to adjust the null/sensitivity?2. With a given fuel load of 98.4% (9721 lbs) in each wing tank, and zero in the center tank, (a PF 737-300, MZFW 105,000 lbs, ZFW 97,411 lbs), and a TOW of 116,053 lbs, the Flaps-5 Vspeeds are calculated by the FMC as 137/139/149. While this is for the 737-400, the 737-300 Vspeeds are actually about the same (@ 120,000 lbs, the Vspeeds are 138/139/145). I have the pitch trim in the green range (Zero) and apply T/O power - and things go ok. However, I notice that when I reach Vr and attempt to rotate, that the plane sits there and won't rotate and liftoff until around 200-210 knots. While the DF734 has engines rated at 23.5K, the PF733 I am using is only rated for 20K. Should I *not* be using the 20K derated thrust settings in the FMC? Should I be trimmed differently?Your help is greatly appreciated... Thanks!

Guest Muppet22

Although arguably the Dreamfleet forum is for those who have only good comments to make about DF products.

Guest brewmaster

LOL - Dare ask a question in that forum and you will only be told to "search the forum" rather than get help. Definately more of a forum for praise than true assistance. Although the same questions are often asked over and over in most forums, they are the only ones that seem to get all bent out of shape about it.Just my personal observations/experiences...Brewmaster