Sign in to follow this  

how misleading is this ?

Apologies to any person offended, but on seeing this it made me think is this a Tishma trick to make people think Dreamfleet are partners ?What do you think ?

Guest UweR

This is a hearsay and bad memory combo, but I think that I read at the Dreamfleet forum that Ariane got permission to post Ariane/Dreamfleet merge files (to confirm they actually have permission as they claim). I appreciate your efforts in never let me forget that those guys are my worst problem, but don

I'm surprised that Lou Betti and Tom Main would endorse Tishma in his efforts to take over the world.We'll see, perhaps somebody from Dreamfleet would care to comment?George

You might want to raise the post in Dreamfleet's forum.... I think Lou is tied up there most days, with the coming 310 and Cardinal RG releases. I'm a bit curious too, but it would be in the best interest of both to support the so called "Dreariane", as it would generate additional sales for both.

Guest Milio_B

Yeah, you're right.And after all, the more money they can make, the better, huh? :)

Guest jase439

*yawn* Don't you have anything better to do than to conjure up bunk conspiracy theories? Despite what you may 'believe' and despite the fact that Tisma is a complete schmoe, the Ariane 737 has been a rather popular product and there has been much demand from its customer base for a merge of these products. The fact that DF provided additional functionality to their already blockbuster panel doesn't constitute an official endorsement of anything.You guys are nuts sometimes.

I'll own both and it works like a charm also the purchase with Ariane :-)Great plane and great panel :-) and the kit works great thanks to Lee Holdridge and involved people...Andr

André

Actually, I'm curious about the logo in George's post. I went to Ariane's site, and I saw mention of Dreamfleet's cooperation, but no logo like the one in George's post.But to respond to the "you guys are nuts sometimes", this is a discussion group and theories will surface from time to time. Past history with P.T. claimed an exclusive affilation/partnership with American Airlines. That was stretched into saying "you guys can't paint/upload the AA livery". Hardly a conspiracy, that was a fact. So whenever a business relationship/partnership is mentioned, it's going to be questioned. Sometimes people will go overboard, but why the heck should we have a discussion group if people can't share ideas from left field? By calling them "nuts", all I feel you do is censor discussion.

Guest jase439

Whoever said there's a partnership between DF and Ariane? It's wild speculation and demeaning to a fine group of engineers like Dreamfleet who have provided incredible volumes of supplemental add-ons, upgrades, liveries, etc (not to mention their earlier freeware work) to the community. That they would choose to cater to Ariane's client base (which, despite PT's affiliation, is quite large - the Ariane 737 has been very popular) only reinforces DF's committment to serving the community's interest and not their own. They have enough already on their plate to go free wheeling with Tishma.This is called "gossip mongering" and "rumor milling" - and it is nuts. Have we nothing better to do? There is no fact here. I'll be the first to brand Tishma as a kniving sim-pirate, but to insinuate that Dreamfleet and Tishma have their hands in the same cookie jar - all to "get another buck" (give me a break, people)...with absolutely zero factual basis is uncalled for and unproductive.Let's move on to more interestive venues and let sleeping dogs lie, including Tishma.J

"Whoever said there's a partnership between DF and Ariane?"Ariane's own page thanks Dreamfleet for their support, or at least it did a few days ago. I think your mixing words....partnership can mean cooperation. I didn't say anything about money changing hands, neither did George. But certainly vendor to vendor cooperation can mean more money for both. There's nothing wrong with that, is there? I'm not spreading gossip or rumors. But you are, by trying to blow this thread up for the purposes of grandstanding."Let's move on to more interestive venues and let sleeping dogs lie, including Tishma."You are free to move on. Let me add one thing to my post as well, since after reading my first response to you, I saw George's link to the logo.I feel, as George does, that the logo hints at some type of Dreamfleet/Ariane affiliation. Doesn't mean Dreamfleet endorsed it, which is the whole reason why George opened the thread. But if they did, that does imply Dreamfleet is cooperating with Ariane for their mutual benefit. If they didn't approve of or endorse the logo, then the logo itself is the source of such a rumor, and Dreamfleet should quash it.

Guest Milio_B

LOL, I hope that arrow is not representing the amount of sells they're making :-lol

Thanks George...Didn't notice the logo the other day. But I have to be careful for what I say, lest the grandstanders step in....since Dreamfleet's "approval" may not be equal to "partnership" or "cooperation" :)

Hey George,I think the text next to the "logo" should put to rest any idea's that Dreamfleet and Ariane are business partners.ARIANE DREAMFLEET PANEL "MERGE" KIT This kit contains all the files needed to make Ariane GMAX aircraft work with Dreamfleet's cockpit. Edited by Lee Holdridge and officially approved for release by Dreamfleet, this set is the first of a number of releases to explore Ariane/Dreamfleet 'merge' capabilities that will enable Ariane's GMAX Boeing 737-300/-400 Aircraft to work fully with the Dreamfleet panel cockpit set. Full instructions are included. Also, this is right from the readme file from Lee:Although this merge is created with their permission, it is provided as an independent freeware add-on.It would seem to me that Dreamfleet and Ariane approved the release of Lee's updated file but I suspect that dreamfleet didn't approve the use of their name on anything to do with Ariane. I could be wrong but I suspect that ariane made up that logo without dreamfleets permision.Interesting find George!Mikehttp://www.members.shaw.ca/madamo/boeingsig.jpg

A few days previous on the Tishy site, it said it was endorsed by Tom Main and Lou Betti of Flight 1 and Dreamfleet.What we have to remember here is we are dealing with the stage hypnotist as you can see by this picture. Now then look deep into my eyes, you are now in my power...Give Tishy an inch of slack and he will take a mile, without apology and even go as far as threaten you in the process. It would be interesting to know if F1 or indeed Dreamfleet have given permission for Tishy or Bobbo (as he likes us to think he's called) to have it on his site in the first place. Mr. Tishy is very fond of distorting things as he has proved more than once. From a commercial stance, surely Lou or Tom would have it on thier own sites as well? But there again I suppose by this time Tishy has decided it's his and his alone.What disturbs me is, IF he asked, did he ask as Bobbo or as Tishy. Should it be as Bobbo, then Lou and Tom are having the p*** taken out of them in a royal fashion, as I believe does this logo...if my theory is correct M'Lud. Not forgetting Bobbo has been exposed as no other than Tishy....Jeez, how stupid he realy is.George