Sign in to follow this  

doiing the lomcovac

I have tried the lomcovac in every aeorbatic plane on my flight simulator and it will not do it it just goes nuts it dont do what it is suposed to do the only thing it does is tumble in circles or up or down what am I doing wrong?

Sorry to say but the Lomcevac is an aerobatic maneuver that FS2K2 just won't do. It requires the aircraft to rotate on each axis in a deep stall fashion and I don't even think X-Plane will do this. It was major work to get the RAS SF-260 to stall and spin properly and the lomcevac just won't happen on this sim.Cheers,JohnBoeing 727/737 Mechanic

I havn't got X-Plane to do near what the SF260 can do. And X-Plane had a problem with trying to dive to earth too hard when rolling inverted. At least the older versions did. I don't believe I've tried rolls with the 6 versions.I have been able to get some actual tailslides out of the SF260 which look quite convincing. Years ago, I trained & did lomcovac's in a Pitt's S2B, but that's nearly 10 years ago, and I've forgotten the technique. Need to brush up on it I guess! :)L.Adamson

I agree FS2002 just isn't like real aerobatics it dont evan come close to real planes I dont think that any flight sim will ever be as real as the real thing what do you think?

>I agree FS2002 just isn't like real aerobatics it dont evan >come close to real planes I dont think that any flight sim >will ever be as real as the real thing what do you think? One item you'll never experience with a PC desktop is G-forces and the effect on your stomach and head. Aerobatics are downright nauseating until you develope a tolerence. And then you lose the tolerance if it isn't constant.As to FS2002 and real planes, it does get closer! With rudder pedals, the RealAir SF260 and my brain filling in the "feel", I could swear I was doing real slips to lose altitude----------------and it just seemed real!L.Adamson

Actually, though I didn't manage one, Sean Moloney got a half decent Lomcovac during the SF260 development, after several tries.I can't vouch for the absolute authenticity of this extraordinary manoeuvre but the Marchetti certainly can do many things thought to be previously impossible in any other FS aircraft, provide you have seperate rudder control and you're not full of fuel.Regards,Rob YoungRealAir Simulations

Bob from what I here the marchetti is the plane for FS2002 is in stores so I can go buy it or is it just a download type file?

HI,It's an easy download, either direct from our site or through the Swreg shop.Kind Regards,Rob Youngwww.realairsimulations.com