Sign in to follow this  
SAS263

AI taxi speed

The AI aircraft are very slow on the ground. Some utilities have been developed to increase taxi speed, and they work fine.Unfortunately, they don't affect the rolling speed of the AI aircrafts when they are on the runway, after landing. Waiting for an aircraft to leave the runway is a real pain. You keep hearing the ATC saying "Exit runway when able" or "Turn next taxiway", and you can see the aircraft taxiing at 5 kts or less... Is there a possibility to change this ?Thanks for any info.

Guest dogknot

Check your email. Maybe this will help. (?)

Hey BrentI was also interested in this topic. Can you also send me an email if you have a solutionRegardsBobG

Guest AA727

Me too!! If you don't mind.Thanks in advance!JCjeff@corban.org

Guest dogknot

John Stottlemire put together a little tool called taxispeed. There is no readme documentation with it, but it works like this.Run FS2K2/pause/minimize/start taxispeed/enter the new speed you want your A.I. aircraft to travel/close That's it. It really helps around the airports and, at least to me, seems to speed up the process on the rwy (could be my imagination). You can find it at http://www.fsgateway.com/ Look on the left for the heading 'Top 5 Downloads' and click on Taxi Speed Fix. Hope this helps you all out. Happy Flying! :-wave

Guest dogknot

a little 'bump'.... ...like I said, it could be my imagination, but it seems that the wait time is less for aircraft on the RWY's with the AI traffic taxi speed increased to around 30. I don't know this for a fact, but my go arounds are a lot less frequent. In any case, it definitely speeds things up in getting to the rwy for takeoff.

Here is a little tip.If you are about to receive a "go around" from ATC due to a slow moving aircraft ahead of you, you can spare yourself the trouble by just entering slew mode. Your aircraft will freeze where it is at, but the AI aircraft ahead of you will continue. Give it enough time to clear the runway, they just exit slew mode and off you go.Of course, any AI aircraft behind you will also continue to move, so use this tip cautiously.

Guest dogknot

received an e-mail from Eric Marciano confirming that AI aircraft indeed get off the rwy quicker with TaxiSpeed enabled at 30.Thanks Eric for the update!! Try it out.

Thanks to you all for your contribution !!I confirm that taxispeed.exe works fine, even for AI aircrafts on the runway, and it lowers the waiting time.I also wanted to tell Rich K that what he describes can also happen without using the slew mode. A few days ago, I was on final approach on Geneva LSGG with a Dash 7, trying to fly as slowly as possible because an aircraft was still on the runway. The Dash 7 is great for its low speed capability, with flaps fully extended. I was flying at about 80 kts. Unfortunately, the AI Dash 8 is not as good as my Dash 7, and AI aircraft have no eyes... I was hit from behind by an AI Dash 8 which was also landing on the same runway !! It shows that I was perfectly positioned on the approach path... ;-)Eric

AI Speed by Andy Robinson will also do this, and gives you the opportunity to speed up the AI planes in turns as well.Hope this helps,-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://www.calclassic.com/Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco/Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest ssurjap

Has anyone developed the AI for aircrafts in the air :).I was on approach to KLAS, about 6 miles out, in the 737. I was doing 160 knots (too slow I guess). There was an AI behind me (MD-80). He's #2 and I'm #1. He overtook me and landed. I had to go around.Sheez.