Sign in to follow this  
Guest WorkingStiff

Riva Tuner settings: anyone want to share?

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Hi folks,just bought a new ASUS GeForce4 TI4200 and downloaded last Riva tuner version.Anyone of you want to share detailed settings for best performanceimage quality? Too much settings........i'm unable to do that work on my own ;-)Thanks a lot in advance for helpingLuigi ;-)

Hi Luigi i have Efrains setting's which he posted over at www.aavirtual.com and it works great give them a shot!here's the post from Efrain Ruiz.I agree with Calnaction, but I prefer to run my sim at 1280x960 even though I have the muscle power to go higher..What I HIGHLY suggest is do the following:1. Download RivaTuner which can be found at www.guru3d.com2. The tweaks below can be found within MAIN | DRIVER SETTINGS | CUSTOMIZE | DIRECT X (Second Icon from left to right)3. MIPMAPPING TAB: Tweak the MIPMAP Level Of Detail (LOD) to something in the NEGATIVE range.. I have mine set to -3.04. TEXTURES TAB: Tweak the Texture Filtering Settings to: FORCE LEVEL 8 (This tweak will REALLY give you awesome textures)5. ANTIALIASING TAB: Make sure the Antialiasing Method is set to: NONE6. ANTIALIASING TAB: CHECK Enable Multisample Masking7. Remember to DISABLE ANTIALIASING within the FS2002 display settings...With the tweaks above, I got the best textures I have ever witnessed on FS200x! Good luck! :-)

Guest PaulL01

>3. MIPMAPPING TAB: Tweak the MIPMAP Level Of Detail (LOD) to >something in the NEGATIVE range.. I have mine set to -3.0 -3.0 is way to agresive a LOD setting as it will result in all kinds of "swimming" textures. Also to get any effective adjustment below -0+ LOD you have to first run the LOD patch script from he RivaTuner "power users" tab.Take care.

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Thanks a lot for kind suggestions, much appreciated.cheersLuigi ;-)

Guest WorkingStiff

First of all, what drivers are you using?Riva Tuner is not approved for use with the nVidia 40.72 drivers.

30.82 driversOs windw's xp pro Geforce 4 4200 64md ddr

Guest PaulL01

>First of all, what drivers are you using? >>Riva Tuner is not approved for use with the nVidia 40.72 >drivers. Incorrect,RivaTuner Ver2.0.12 fully supports dets 40.72.

Guest SoarPics

Yep, RivaTuner works just fine with the 40.72's on my system (Win98SE).

Hi Paul,>Also to get any effective adjustment below -0+ LOD you have to first run the LOD patch script from he RivaTuner "power users" tab.8)SB Audigy Player (Drivers version 5.12.01.0253 Signed)Deskstar 120GXP UDMA100 HDs x 2 (60 and 40 Gig)CH Products USB Yoke, Pedals and FighterstickPlantronics Headset and Mike comboPlexWriter 40/12/40APioneer DVD-106SWindows XP Home Edition (SP1)DirectX 8.1No overclocking!Cheers,Mike :-wave

Guest WorkingStiff

Well, this is captured directly from the online documentation at http://guru3d.com/rivatuner/I guess that there aren't significant differences between 40.71 and 40.72 and Riva Tuner may work but the docs clearly states it supports up to 40.71.

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

I do agree.Det's 40.71 - 40.72 work just fine for FS2002 (Win98 SE) but on my PC both crash the system when loading PSP 6.So i have to stick with Det's 30.82.Luigi ;-)

Guest PaulL01

Hi Mike,I'll do my best to answer you:>1. Is it really necessary to run the patch script? Am I >likely to see much difference in image quality by doing so?Yes, as with out it there is no LOD change below >0< no matter how far the settings are set. >If the answer is yes, then how does one apply the changes to >the driver if the driver install is automatic via the >executable. My understanding is that the patch script should >be applied to the extracted driver archive files before a >formal install. In other words, should one go for the >archive in zip format rather than as an executable.Simple:Go into your windows/system folder and find this file > nvdd32.dll :)>>2. I note you favour an Anisotropy level of 4 (32tap) rather >than 8 (64tap). We are both using the same GPU and I have >found level 8 produces rather nice results without >noticeable impact on frame rates (I have mine locked at 25). >I would be interested to know your reasons for choosing >32tap. actually 8 tap does impact FPS but the reason that I choose 4 over 8 is that there is less convergance of textures that use a lot of perpendicular lines like building textures and city blocks, just my preference.>3. Lastly, I see you favour an AGP aperture of 256MB rather >than, say, 64MB. Is this sensible with GPU onboard DDR ram >of 128MB? Some hardware combos prefer one setting over another, my last MB prefered 128 over 64 and 256.use 3dmark2001se and compare scores and watch the whole demo as you could get a high score but still have some visual clues (like messed up text/textures that will let you know that that setting wont work etc.Have fun! :)