Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

Bush Flying article

!!!I saw everything over there, but where is the Porter? There's one for d'load and it's free: The FSD Porter. One of the most d'loaded models ever, together with the J-3 Cub by Mr. Medel. BTW the J-3 Cub is a FSD model, too. Mr.Medel was part of the Team at the time of development. Just to let you know, 'cause it probably slipped from the Author attention. ;)

Guest dogknot

Had to have been an oversight. The Pilatus Porter is a superb STOL aircraft. It can get into some of the tightest strips or no strip at all. Well, it's almost a 'chopper'! :-lol

Go to Flightsim.com and do a search for the Porter. You'll find it over there, not here. Note that it was made for FS2000, but like anything else it will work in FS2002 until we can put our hands on the new FSD GMAX Porter. :)Looks like the article needs an update. ;)

<<<<>>>Yes Sir! It's the most amazing bush plane built IMO. If you can't get in with a Porter you can't get in there with anything. (Except maybe a Helo)Ken

Guest Lizardo

My humble guess is that no one flies Porters in the western hemisphere, perhaps just parts availability. Plus a "new" bush plane is a dozen or more years old.

FSD pulled it from AVSIM. It's still around. Try Simviation. I believe it's there.Don

Back in the days of FS2K, I thought the FSD Porter was the most unique MSFS air. file to ever come along. I could litterly "feel" it's STOL capabilities. Weight, reaction to flaps, and inertia was all there! As to MSFS flight dynamics over the years, I rate the original FSD Porter, and RealAir Simulations SF260 as two of the best air.files ever, when it comes to flight out of the everyday flight envelope. For FS2002, I'm just waiting for the Porter G-max version.L.Adamson

And don't forget the PC-12. While not an ideal bushplane because of the low wing which can be damaged by flying debris more easily than a high wing, they are in use in Canada in the role (mainly as air ambulance and executive charter) and have good STOL characteristics.

Guest Shayt

Hi Fellow Simmers,Yes, surly the Porter is missing over there.ONE MORE A/C I miss id the good old DC-3!!! Isn't it a real bush plan as well?regards,Shay

"Go to Flightsim.com and do a search for the Porter. You'll find it over there, not here. Note that it was made for FS2000, but like anything else it will work in FS2002 until we can put our hands on the new FSD GMAX Porter."Thank you so much for the Porter link at Flightsim.com! I went and looked after seeing your post. I had actually seen it a few times, but never d/l. It is a sweet aircraft! Awesome 2D panel, what I would expect from FSD, even for FS2000, having several of their aircraft already.Michael http://www.geocities.com/res052cd/cmhbanner.gif

Best, Michael

KDFW

Yes, you're correct, the FSD Porter was omitted or should I say purposely not included at the request of FSD. Specific members of FSD requested that their Porter be removed from the AVSIM library and specifically requested that I personally remove all FSD aircraft from my harddrive, I of course have complied with that request.The J-3 is a Mr. Medel original FS aircraft that a couple of members of the FSD team (at the time) provided some additional updates for.Steve Cartwright