Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

Bush Flying article

Yes, it's a really damn good model. Unfortunately, the Beta Range does not work in FS2002 as it does in FS2000. But it'll work for the new one to come.Be well,

Guest dogknot

Thanks 'Bearracing' for taking the time to respond and clear up the muddied waters.Appreciate the info.

Guest Lizardo

Those things fly everywhere, haha. Bush Flying Unlimited forum has one..but you need the MAAM R4D first.

>Yes, you're correct, the FSD Porter was omitted or should I >say purposely not included at the request of FSD. News to FSD I'm sure.>Specific members of FSD Wrong. ALL members.>requested that their Porter be removed from >the AVSIM library Wrong. ALL our files, not just the Porter.>and specifically requested that I >personally remove all FSD aircraft from my harddrive, Wrong. Only priveliged Beta files. We requested that after you redistributed to all and sundry some personal correspondence. At that point you lost our trust. >The J-3 is a Mr. Medel original FS aircraft Yes and No. The J3 was an FSD project : the flight model, sounds and panel are by FSD as was the model by a former member of FSD. Just setting the record straight.

That's odd, I didn't realise that the article was about bush flying via the AvSim library or Bush flying "on my computer".Mmmmmm is this an FSD thing again.Thanks Steve Small for clearing things up "again".Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern Australia

Guest Simicro

Hello,I wonder why people from FSD are so arrogant ????Simicro

Not all of them are. Some of them are of this earth and some are above it. You can figure out who goes where.Don

Chris,The intent of my "Bush Flying in FS2002" feature was for everyone's enjoyment and also with the intent of everyone being able to download scenery, utilities, and/or aircraft files from the AVSIM library to enhance their individual copy of FS2002. Of the 250+ files I have listed in that article, only about a dozen or so were not available in the AVSIM library and I supplied the link or filename (along with its library location) where needed. During the research for my feature, I simply did not look for the FSD Porter as I was not aware that it was still available in other libraries. Plus you will also notice that my article was related to bush flying in FS2002, so I only listed aircraft that were designed for FS2002, had conversion files available, or I had personally tested and found that they functioned correctly. (As an example, you will notice that I listed the taildragger and tricycle geared FS2000 Maules of Steven Grant's, but I omitted the float version! Why? Because it will not float correctly in FS2002 and I am unaware of any conversion files being available. Considering the complex nature of the airfile in the FSD Porter, I can assume that it possibily would have some issues, though I have no way of knowing one way or another.)There were two key things I was trying to get across with my feature; 1, Everything you need to enjoy bush flying is available as freeware, and 2, 99% of the files needed are available from the AVSIM library. I listed nothing that was shareware or payware.I would also like to note that I am merely a volunteer member of AVSIM and I simply write reviews and feature articles, period. I have no control over the AVSIM library whatsoever nor do I have any say in AVSIM's policies, political beliefs, or anything of that nature. I do know that all files (freeware) from FSD were requested to be removed from the AVSIM library (I did an extended search and it seems that request has/had been complied with) and I personally was asked to remove any FSD files that I may have on my harddrive (at the time it may have been a request for only the beta files I had, but I took it to mean anything from FSD). I removed everything, including any of the FSD FS98 or FS2000 FS aircraft I had at the time.I can not comment on why these actions were taken against AVSIM by the FSD team, specifically because I am not privey to them, but in the situation where I was personally asked to remove the FS aircraft files from my harddrive was merely a misunderstanding that lead to an assumption on my part, which in turn ultimately embarassed a member of the FSD team and I appologized for my error at the time. I will not comment or respond any further on that subject and I consider the matter closed.Steve Cartwright

Steve C.,All I have to say is that we were having a healthy discussion about the Porter, until you came up with the FSD matters. :-hmmm Any developer would have the same reaction at your comments.Letting us know that the Porter was no longer available at Avsim library should have been enough.

Malves,I was merely responding to your original question!I have just one question: How in God's name a Bush Flying article does not include the best bush a/c of all time? The PORTER!!!I saw everything over there, but where is the Porter? There's one for d'load and it's free: The FSD Porter. One of the most d'loaded models ever, together with the J-3 Cub by Mr. Medel. BTW the J-3 Cub is a FSD model, too. Mr.Medel was part of the Team at the time of development. Just to let you know, 'cause it probably slipped from the Author attention.It seems to me you were criticizing me and my feature based your questions and now you're criticizing me for answering, hardly seems fair to me don't you think?Steve Cartwright

Steve,I am not criticizing you. Just a quick look at the airplanes and I missed the Porter. It really surprised me that it was not included and the fact that only Mr. Medel got the credits for the J-3, since it's always been called FSD J-3 Cub.>I was merely responding to your original question!I have to disagree with that. I mean, yes and no. You answered and in your last post you explained the scope of your article, thank you. But including FSD matters on your first reply, you've just lit the fireplace.It's funny that everytime a FSD model is involved in any thread in here, an Avsim member and/or particular individuals make sure to throw some s..t to the fan. Then when the reply comes, they play dumb-boy or I-am-the-victim-here.Best,

Guest Joe

It's funny that everytime a FSD model is involved in any thread in here, an Avsim member and/or particular individuals make sure to throw some s..t to the fan. Since you were already aware of disagreements between AVSIM and FSD, I submit that you were trying to light a fire with your original post...take a shot at Bear's article and include FSD's name in it.You were trying to start something from the very beginning.