Sign in to follow this  

your airport clouded in? file an IFR on the go!

With the "no reload on GPS flightplan" thingy in FSIUP, you can go to flightplanner enroute, select the closest airport, your destination, and you can file IFR, and pick up a popup clearance to your airport...its pretty neat I thinkI was enroute from meigs to oshkosh testing the stock baron with the garmin530 of the c421 (neat actually) and I had active sky loaded and all of a sudden oshkosh was overcast (poor flight planning) and so I had to file a pop up IFR and it worked!I am on vectors right now, I should go check if ATC chicky is talking to mepeace y'all

Guest dogknot

That's a new one on me too jonasbeaver.Great tip! Thanks for the heads up! :-wave

Perhaps this will mean that we can now fly several legs without the sim reloading. Land, file the new flight plan and take off immediately.

yep,tried it out,really works smooth,you'll only have to adjust some fuel and for the rest you can fly as many IFR legs as you want,even the AI don't get reloadedexcellent tip!

Guest C17SimGuy

Wow. . .sounds cool! Out of curiousity, what do you select for your departure airport? I can't wait to try this when I get home!-drewEDIT:I just tried it at work. . .using both departure and arrival airport as KLAX. When I saved the FP and clicked "OK", it started vectoring me for an approach to 25L. I thought it was really cool, but seconds later it cancelled my IFR plan. Any ideas why? Did I do something wrong? should be cool when it works tho! :7 (keyword: WHEN) :7

if you are in the air, sometimes you need to call that airport's local clearance frequency (the one you 'filed from') to get the clearance and then go back to approach/centre/whathaveyou... but its pretty neat actually

>With the "no reload on GPS flightplan" thingy in FSIUP, you >can go to flightplanner enroute, select the closest airport, >your destination, and you can file IFR, and pick up a popup >clearance to your airport... >>its pretty neat I think >I was enroute from meigs to oshkosh testing the stock baron >with the garmin530 of the c421 (neat actually) and I had >active sky loaded and all of a sudden oshkosh was overcast >(poor flight planning) and so I had to file a pop up IFR and >it worked! >I am on vectors right now, I should go check if ATC chicky >is talking to me >>peace y'all Dear JI am quite interested in your new

yea me too i dont know what you guys are on aboutfor examplei file a flight plan from KLAX to KOAK, i take off and fly, then 30 mins in the flight i change my mind, now i want to go to KSFO, so i go the the MSFS2002 flight planner and replan for KSFO, then i click ok, so will ATC now take me to KSFO ???thx

Just select "no reload on GPS flightplan" in FSUIPC than choose the nearest airport , destination KSFO and there ya go.