Sign in to follow this  
Guest WorkingStiff

Anyone using Ron Ackerly's KMSP scenery??

Could someone post instructions on how to 1.) remove the static aircraft and 2.) ensure that the default KMSP doesn't show through? Thanks for the help!!

Maybe I am asking the wrong question, Can someone give me instructions for how to flatten or exclude scenery, essentially how do I make sure the old scenery doesn't show up? Thanks

Guest John_Hirsch

Richard, I use Ron's KMSP airport and this is what I have entered in my scenery.cfg file: <--- use square brackets hereTitle=MSP - Ron AckerleyLocal=FsScMSPsceneryActive=TRUELayer=127Exclude=N44 53.72,W93 14.31,N44 52.31,W93 11.76,allRemote=Required=FALSEInstructions for adding this scenery is presented in his readme.txt file that comes with the scenery package. Also included in the package is a performance.txt file that tells how you can improve graphic and overall performance with tweeks.Hope this helps, John.

Guest WorkingStiff

This Flatten statement works for me: Flatten.0=839,N44 53.9,W93 11.4,N44 51.6,W93 12.4,N44 51.7,W93 14.7,N44 53.9,W93 13.1Just add it to your entry for the MSP scenery in your Scenery.cfg file and you should be set to go. I derived this command by slewing to the four corners of the scenery area in AFCAD and recording the coordinates. There is possibly a more elegant way to find coordinates but AFCAD served in this instance.The static aircraft are in the files named stat001.bgl, stat002.bgl and stat003.bgl. Simply change the file name extension to something like BAK or even delete these files.

Guest WorkingStiff

Since this scenery was designed for FS2000, it doesn't work correctly without a Flatten command. Many of the taxiways flicker or simply disappear. The Flatten command in my other message forces the scenery to appear as it did in FS2000.