Sign in to follow this  

Radeon 9700 settings

I was just wondering whoever is using the Radeon 9700 card, what settings are you using in the card itself for the open GL and Direct 3D. Anti-aliasing, Anisotopic Filtering, performance or quality, texture preference, mipmap detail level, wait for verticle sync and truform. Just got this card and not being really up on all this stuff, I was wondering what works best for you. I have a P4 2.8 with 1G memory.Thanks

I have the same P4 2,8 and 1 GB of RDRAM, and two cards. one Ge Force 4 TI 4600 and the Radeon 9700 Pro. My experience with the Radeon has been horrible (with all sets of drivers), the sttutering was incredible. The Ge Force 4 has in FS2002 the same frame-rate 28-30 with my settings , just like the the ATI but smooth, very smooth IQ , believe me is equal, if you choose the texture sharpennig option in 40

I have the radeon and absolutely love it. Major improvement over 4600. Just make sure you completely remove previous ATI drivers if any--that's the major cause of headaches. I really can't say enough about this card. Max AA and see what I mean. Anyway, I maxed everything out and chose always off for both vertical and true in both d3d and gl. I then dropped to 4x aa and 8 x ansio in d3d to keep frame rates at 25 even in major hubs with PAI trafic (I prefer fr to pic quality) For samples, i check quality. BTW if 1600+ res, you should not see increased quality above 4x aa. All personal preference, but max it all out and you should still get +25 frames outside major hubs.Good luck

Well, let me explain:P4 2,8 (ASUS P4t533-c and Intel D850MV2)1 Gb RDRAM 40 ns (SAMSUNG)120 GB WD, 7200 RPM, 8 MB bufferGeforce 4 TI 4600 (SPARKLE)ATI RADE0N 9700 (Connect 3D)Power suply fron Fortron 400 WattsIf you play with FS2002 with defaults airplanes, I can

I have the PIV 2.53 and ATI9700 and love it too. Runs all my sims perfectly with extremely impressive IQ and nice and smooth framerates. Running everything at 16x12x32 with 4xAA & 16xAF with all quality settings. Vsync set on application preference. Frames locked at 20 and she's nice and smooth.From everything I've read, the folks who have problems with the Radeon 9700 either suffer from an unfortunate hardware combination (which is rare) or out of date drivers, bios, etc. or simply are not removing that junk that nvidia drivers leave behind. If you ask me, nvidia sabotages ATI hardware on purpose. The nvidia uninstall routine should remove everything. It apparently doesn't for many. Well, no better way to try and beat a competitor than to make it painful to the user. Or to call a GF2 a GF4 for the unsuspecting customers. From everything I've read, unless you're unfortunate enough to have purchased the wrong motherboard, or haven't completely removed the nvidia drivers from your system, the new 9700 should run fine with FSim and out performs the Ti4600 in both framerate and IQ by a considerable margin. But, the Ti4600 is also a fine card. I hope the NV30 outdoes the 9700; but I have my doubts. If it does, us customers are the winners.

Thanks for the in put. I'm tweeking here and there and think I about have it. It is a great card.