Sign in to follow this  
01pewterz28

Wilco Airport 2002 vs. SimFlyers Airports

It is probably too early to tell, but can anybody comment on which of these series is best as far as realism is concerned - or plus and minuses of both. I am probably not alone, and I am going to purchases either one or the other before too long. I just don't know which one.

Guest flightpro08

I'd go with Simflyers. I have all of their US sceneries (and probably going to get their Frankfurt scenery soon) and couldn't be more happy with them. They're realistic, easy to download and install, and made in such a way that your frame rates on taxi, takeoff, and landing are reasonable (they turn down a lot of the scenery visibilty settings.) Overall, I've been thrilled with Simflyers, I highly recommend their sceneries.Oh, and one last thing. If you're thinking about getting quite a few of their sceneries, I recommend you get their "World Airports" package available on www.justflight.com It works out to be quite a bit cheaper than if you bought a lot of sceneries separetly.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)SAN TRACON Lead ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Tester-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Ryan+Fretwell&CatID=Root]Here to Download my New American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

Good point about volume buying. I think those who spend $10 or more per airport got too much money. When I buy airports it better be something like $5 per airport but I got some beautiful airports for less than $2 per airport. Now I am getting 65 largest Mexican airports for $57 - you can't beat this deal.Michael J.

Thanks guys for the information. That was kind of the way I was thinking after seeing some of the most recent screen shots. I guess Wilco's plan was the market their product to the masses and not to the diehards who you find on this bulletin board. A lot of folks are not happy with the Wilco series accuracy. Would it be correct then that the SimFlyers versions are more accurate than the Airport 2002 series for the airports where there are duplications? Thanks,Robbie

Guest flightpro08

From the screenshots I've seen of Wilco's package, I would say that Simflyer's sceneries are a much more accurate version of the airports. I've especially noticed this at KLAX and KATL, both of those WIlco aiports look like they've been "half done", with many areas simingly being left empty. People have also complained about terminals at KDFW being the wrong size. Overall, from both an appearance and size ratio to the real world, I think Simflyers hits the mark a little better than Wilco does.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)SAN TRACON Lead ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Tester-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Ryan+Fretwell&CatID=Root]Here to Download my New American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

With you 2.2G P4, what settings do you use and how are things around the SimFlyers Airports as far framerates are concerned? Also, how do you work in Microsoft FS2002's AI into the SimFlyer's packages?Thanks!Rob

Rob, I run the following systemP3 1GHz512Mb Ram64MB G4Win98SEWith the static scenery removed, AI @ 100% at both DFW and LAX on the ramp w/ the Ariane Gmax 737 and DF 737 panl I get about 9-10fps on the ramp and final apporach that is with settings to the right (no dynamic scenery, aircraft and building shadows off, clouds set to 50%, scenery very dense)..Johnualfan@msn.com

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.