Sign in to follow this  

Direct X 9.0 Is Out!

This is just my usual caveat for the newbies or others who haven't used DirectX beta releases. Be SURE you read and understand the warnings associated with this beta release. DX9 cannot be uninstalled. If you're not prepared to reload your OS in the event of problems, don't use this, or any other, beta version of DirectX (this includes ME and XP users as restore points are not foolproof).Trip

Guest Joshieca

I would agree with Trip....If you're using WIN ME or WIN XP you can create a restore point first, so that way you can roll back to DX8.x if you like.

I never change my DX until a sim/game comes out that requires it. FS2k2 wouldn't use any of its features anyway. Why gamble?

Guest nutcase

yes dx9 rc o is out, and it's good news for simmers using fs2002 and cfs3.cfs3 installs dx8.2 wich mess upp multiplayer/VATSIM for fs2002.DX9 rc0 does indeed fix this problem. I have tested it myselfJan Roar R

Guest Ali

So is it safe to get?Does it improve frames?Ali.

Ali - As no other DirectX release has noticeably, if at all, increased framerates, I'm betting that DX9, also, will not help in that regard. As to it being safe - yes, it's "safe", but not bug-free. As with all DirectX beta releases, you should only install it if you are prepared to also reinstall your OS should something go wrong.Trip

Be careful! I read elsewhere that this DX beta release is mainly targeted at the Radeon 9700, which has DX9 support. So as others have advised, do not install this unless you have a checkpoint restore you can regress to or are prepared to reinstall your OS.

Over at SimHQ folks are reporting some pretty good results concerning the stutter and effects pauses so far. Also increases in frame rates and smoothness. I'm tempted at this point, but will still wait and see.Hornit

Hi all,>I read elsewhere that this DX beta release is mainly targeted at the Radeon 9700, which has DX9 support.

Just an update if anyone cares. I checkpointed my XP system prior to install. No problems but dont really see any change in the system as it pertains to stutters or fr's. 2 hour flight and no problems. There may be just a little improvement in the stutter department but again it could be just me.RegardsBobG

Guest flightpro08

>cfs3 installs dx8.2 wich mess upp multiplayer/VATSIM for >fs2002. >>DX9 rc0 does indeed fix this problem. I have tested it >myself >>Jan Roar R