Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Whats this forum coming to?

Locking down posts about change that are made to an aircraft.cfg file, little harsh dont you think Tom?The changes that Gregory mentioned had nothing to do with the FDE as so many have claimed. Every change mentioned can be done to the aircraft.cfg. If POSKY claims that is in violation of their EULA, then every person that uses FS2002 is in violation of editing aircraft.cfg filesRead the post again, the change are to the aircraft.cfg and not the .air file.This is ridiculous, talk about censorship.

Guest guyjr

from the owner. Unless POSKY explicitly grants permission for people to post their changes, it is illegal.Check out this information from the U.S. Copyright FAQ:How much do I have to change in order to claim copyright in someone else's work? Only the owner of copyright in a work has the right to prepare, or to authorize someone else to create a new version of that work. Accordingly, you cannot claim copyright to another's work, no matter how much you change it, unless you have the owner's consent. See Circular 14.http://www.copyright.gov/faq.html#q49I'm pretty sure, however, that you _can_ post information about _how_ to change a work... that would be considered a process, and is protected by Patent law, not Copyright.I'm not a lawyer, btw, this is solely my understanding of U.S. law from freely available information.

Censorship? Not at all. Censorship would have been deleting the thread entirely. We are not going to be put in the middle of a squabble between POSKY and others on POSKY's claimed copyright or lack there of. And THAT was exactly what was happening. We have not the time or the interest in refereeing that fight, and that was the position that we were being put in. Greg and I have corresponded and I think we both have a clear understanding of AVSIM's position, and POSKY has had their input to us as well. This issue lies between POSKY and Greg; NOT AVSIM. And it should not be aired here. Enough said.