Sign in to follow this  

What is this?

They are radio/TV/Cell antennas. especialy in flat areas there are alot of tall antennas placed for Radio Stations, Cell phone sites, TV stations, Public safety radios etc.Brian

There's a whole farm of these ugly things poking up in the Roxborough section of Philadelphia... About ten miles out on a heading of 350 from KPHL if you wanna see 'em.I'm sure the residents in that area just love to have 'em around, too.

>>When flying in the USA, I see a lot of them. Red-white poles >with a blinking red light on top. What are they for? >Oh.. since Tom mentioned something about `conspiracy buffs'.. those towers are facilities that were installed by the half-dozen or so, of the largest corporations, for the purpose of distributing propaganda to the citizens of the U.S. In the early 1900's it was done mainly with radio. In the second half of the 1900's, television was used to distribute information to the masses that was in line with the `big corporate' interests. Today, mostly cable TV is in use as well as printed newspaper. This method of `public perception control' is 70 - 80 % effective by some data and polls. What this means is 75% of the people believe something is true that is in reality very different from what is being told to them!! [/p] [/p]p.s. post is for entertainment only...

Actually.. whoever designed these did it incorrectly (and let's not go pointing any fingers). The segmentation on a broadcast tower is the total height divided up into 7-segments. The lower and upper sections are painted red, with white ones in between..!!Gregory Abbey - Edwinnengineering

>You mean these? Them's the ones...And they're not any better lookin' in real life, either.

I think Gregory's reply is my favorite post of today! It sounds like something I would say...but then again, I guess the Internal Revenue Code doesn't appear anywhere in FS, so I can't go looking for mistakes in my field of expertise!