Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

Team Dash 7 problem Cargo and Passenger

I have a small problem with the sound when in spot view. At times I like to use the auto pilot while on long flights and watch the scenery. But I have found that I get no ATC sound when in spot view.If I switch between inside and outside when ATC is talking then I can hear them. But the next transmission will be silent but I can still see the words in the ATC window.Anyone have this problem??? or know of a fix??Eddie

Guest Milton

Eddie,Try this:Open the Dash 7 Sound folder and create a backup of the XKAN11.wav fileOpen the MS Sound Recorder, then ...Open the Dash 7 Sound folder and file XKAN11.wav with the Sound RecorderClick File/Properties then DetailsSelect CONVERT NOW to convert the stereo sound to MonoSave the converted fileNow test the ATC sound in Spot ViewLet me know if this helps.Milton

Milton,I did as you ask...but the file was already in mono.Should I change it to stereo?Thanks for you help!Eddie

Guest Milton

Eddie,Are you sure you looked at Xkan11 or Kan11?All 4 XKan11/12/13/14.wav files were sent out as stereo.Two of the Kan11/12/13/14 are mono, two stereo.Convert 2 of the XKANnn to be stereo and two mono and look at results.Milton

Milton,The XKAN11 file was in mono I converted it to stereo and allseems fine now. I tried it on the ground talking to ATC and itworked while in spot view.Eddie------------------------------------------------------->Eddie, >>Are you sure you looked at Xkan11 or Kan11? >>All 4 XKan11/12/13/14.wav files were sent out as stereo. >>Two of the Kan11/12/13/14 are mono, two stereo. >>Convert 2 of the XKANnn to be stereo and two mono and look >at results. >>>Milton

Guest Milton

Hi Eddie,That's great! It seems to cause problems on certain sound cards, usually better ones.One of the team experienced this inside, and we fixed it in a similar fashion. It seems like a resource issue.Glad it is working for you now. :-)Milton