Sign in to follow this  

Engine spool-down on flight start, even with engines al

This has been driving me insane for over a year now. On saved flights with a cold cockpit, why when that flight is loaded must the engines take their time "spooling down"?? They weren't on in the first place!!Just a MS thing or is there a fix for this??TIA,mpp.s. also seemed to have lost my prop animations....anybody experience this out of the blue??

Guest allblack

Hi.I find this happens when I've turned the game off ( CTR-C ) and not waited for the engines to stop 'spooling' down.When I start up again, the engines are still spooling down from the previous game.It's possible FS still remembers this from a flight you may have made some time ago. I've experimented with this, and have done the CTR-SHIFT-F1, gone for a cigarette, come back and found the engines have died completely, then turned the game off.Next time I start, no spooling down.CheersAllblack

>It's possible FS still remembers this from a flight you may >have made some time ago. I've experimented with this, and >have done the CTR-SHIFT-F1, gone for a cigarette, come back >and found the engines have died completely, then turned the >game off. But what if you don't smoke?Barry

Thanks for the reply. Thought I had tried this, turning on accelerated time for awhile, then saving the flight. Perhaps I'm just being impatient. Will check again. Thanks for the fast reply.