Sign in to follow this  

lookin for a t-6 texan 1

as im a great fan of the FANTASTIC biggles comics, i love fliying the harvard t-6 texan around the desert. has anybody got a clue if theres a fs2002 version out...????greez

I have repeatedly wished/asked/begged etc for somebody to please tackle a Gmax version of this fabulous bird. Thousands were built and still exist today (lesser numbers of course). Served in numerous air forces and navies and is a non-combatant but fully acrobatic. I'd guarantee a serious number of skin alternatives if somebody would pick up on this. One of the major payware groups here would do awesome with this, but so could some of our talented freeware buds!Wishing same as you... :-)Maybe one day we'll have it.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

nice T-6 texan what engine did that texan have in it I know that the texan 2 has a PT6-A in it

The North American AT-6 had a PW R-1340, 650 HP Engin.Boy, to bad no one has done this bird, it was really a pilots aeroplane.Denny

Danny now that is a plane that I have also been trying to find I got the texan 2 but want to build a texan 1 with a twist install a J85 jet with afterburners now that would be cool

jeah....the texan 2 is actually a pilatus plane anyway, just produced in the u.s. of a under swiss licence :Dstill like the fs2000 model, but of course there isnt a sound pack or even a decent panel for it :(o.k. , so maybee i DO have to look at gmax a bit more intese :)anybody got a clue where ill find tutorials to make planes outa gmax files ??????greez to all bushfliers without a texan :(

You know how to build planes with Gmax 1.1 or Gmax 1.2? I would like to know how becaus I could build a plane I can get all the specifications on a plane and email them to you I live in the U.S actualy I live in Georgia that is a state in the united states the city is Calhoun

Guest Guruswarmyoz

>jeah....the texan 2 is actually a pilatus plane anyway, just >produced in the u.s. of a under swiss licence :D >>still like the fs2000 model, but of course there isnt a >sound pack or even a decent panel for it :( >>o.k. , so maybee i DO have to look at gmax a bit more intese >:) >>anybody got a clue where ill find tutorials to make planes >outa gmax files ?????? >>>greez to all bushfliers without a texan :( RedOctoberXP:I never did a FS2000 T-6 II, my model was only for Fs2002, but designed with FSDSv1. And like the real thing, my Texan II model was a revision of my Pilatus PC9.I used that particular panel for my TEXAN II as it was the ONLY panel that even remotely resembled a Texan II panel. In considering the original author of that panel I ALONE decided not to modify it too much and fully realing that it is a compromise.Nick Karatzides' HAF version of my Texan II has remodelled the panel some what to make it more realistic (as possible with it, and is a good job too). The sounds: well, the C208 is the CLOSEST i have found to the PC9/T-6 II, remembering that these aircraft use the P&WC PT6A. And yes it does annoy me that i get the "gear Down for Runway landing" message!!!!!! lol.Look: if there is anyone who reads this and wants to do a specific panel please don't hesitate and contact me as the Texan II will be re-done in FSDS2 very soon.

I beg to differ on the engine, sir:)The T-6 had a Pratt & Whitney Junior Wasp 985, producing 450 HP. The same engine as in the DeHavilland DHC-2 Beaver, the Beech 18, Grumman Goose, some modified Boeing PT-17 Stearman's, and many others.

as i was and mostly are still speaking of the texan ONE, please dont take my last post as a complaint. i realy like ur plane and the panel.i just wanted to say that i should think of investing more time and effort into gmax and starting a texan ONE for myself. and, i loved fliyng the texan ONE (that is just avalable for fs2000)!!!as i flyed the swiss air force version of the pc-6, pc-7, pc-9 and pc-12 in real, i just prefer the OLD texan...... :D