Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

Captain Tarmac Lives!!!

I recently recieved an email asking if I knew what had happened to Captain Tarmac (aka Mel Ott), B747 pilot and all around good guy. Well, I am happy to report that Mel is alive and kicking and investing his retirement savings in monitors and computers. Mel sent me this photo of his simulation setup, and I thought (with Mel's permission of course) we should pass it along. So, without further ado, here is Mel's flight simming rig.... 15 monitors and 5 computers!!!!

Hehe,I'll bet his neighbors know when he starts simming...the lights dim!A great thing about his setup is that it can double as a tanning booth! :-lolHey Tom, did you ever get a chance to use that .gif I sent you? ;)Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Steve... er, ugh, blush... Please send them to me again??? Seriously, I have been bouncing between three email readers. I haven't a clue what I have where! So, please do resend them. :)

Guest CharlesH

Tom:Any chance to get Mel to do more of his excellent articles here on AVSIM? His articles were outstanding and sure added to AVSIM.Charles

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Charles, agree. To Mel or anyone else who has his articles, please send them my way. Thanks! :-)

Hey Tom,It should be in your mailbox now.Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest SD Sim

Thanks for sharing that with us Tom, that's truly amazing. Now I just have to figure out how to convince my wife that setting up something similar would be a "wise" investment :-lol