Sign in to follow this  

Wrong date

Nearly every time I start FS2002 it opens with the right time but YESTERDAY'S date. The system clock is accurate. I've tried setting FSUIPC to keep system time. Most recently I tried FS Real Time. It shows flight sim running a day behind even with AutoUpdate activated. I know I can easily change the date after flight sim is running but I'm looking for a fix for my problem. Thanks!Dick

Guest guyjr

Looks like you've found a bona-fide BUG in FS2002! I noticed this exact problem a few days ago but didn't think anything of it. Just checked again, and voila, same problem.

Guest SD Sim

I've been having that problem for quite some time now. I've learned to live with it. The problem does go away if you rebuild your cfg file, but at some point it always returns.

Guest RobK

I have noticed this problem too. It is intermittent. Sometimes the date will be correct but the time will be an hour behind and other times the time will be correct but the date will be one day behind. I don't know of any fix for this. I just manually reset the date and time to the correct date and time.Rob

I've noticed that...If Zulu time is after midnight and I'm in a timezone behind Zulu and it is before midnight this will happen. For example...It's November 14, 2002 at 2200 eastern standard time and the default flight has me departing Philadelphia. It'll be November 15, 0300 in Greenwich. The FS calendar sets itself to November 13, 2002 instead. If, on the other hand, it's early enough in the day such that Philadelphia and GMT are still on the same date (say, it's November 15, 2002 at 1600 EST, it'll still be November 15 in London, only at 2100).It's an annoyance, but a minor one. I just add "Check the date" to my preflight routine.

FSUIPC option wil only sync seconds nothing more. Could be coincidence but since I installed the time Zone correction BGL's never noticed the bug again.Jos

yep, i've noticed this too. i've also noticed that in my logbook the CORRECT date is always entered, even tho FS shows it as yesterday... so i just leave it alone...chris

Hi Jose,What are the "time Zone correction BGL's?Thanks,Dick

>>What are the "time Zone correction BGL's?All versions of FS have a number of known time bugs. Installing these corrected bgl files solves most of them.The files are available by clicking on "The Hermit" link below & scroll down to "Time Zone Correction Files".

Well, Time Zone correction Files didn't solve the problem but I appreciate everyone's input. I at least learned that it's not my problem but Microsoft's and I can quit trying to fix it. It really is no big deal but I was curious more than anything. ThanksDick