Sign in to follow this  

DX9 wooo hoooo!!! (Pic)

I have yet to get the webinstaller to download directx 9 rc. I do not know why they can't just put up a regular download !":$MK!Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team-----------------------PAI beta team -----------------------"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Is there anyway you could underclock your video card? If you driver doesn't specifically provide for this then I believe there are some freeware utilities that do. You may have other PCI components that won't be happy anyway but it might be worth a try.

Mike, Mgbottled and any other Radeon 9700 users:With DX9 and the new drivers and panel, I'm seeing no noticible difference in pic quality or framerates either with min AA and Ansio or max. I may see a momemtary drop down two or three frames in highly congested airports, but still hovering around the same (I'm locked at 25).Wondering if I've reached processor limits, and may try to overclock a bit more.At EGLL, running FS Sky World and FS METEO (showing few scattered clouds with winds at 8 knots), with 50% ATC (PAI aircraft), settings maxed (except mesh at 90%, Water at details only, no aircraft or building shadows) and with Frames locked at twenty five I get: Fluctuations between 25 and 24.3 except at congested terminal when frames may drop to 17 momentarily. I'm using the FSD T-38 in 2D view.System: P4 2.8 @ 2.9 with 512 DDR 2700 @ 3200 Radeon 9700.Any thoughts?P.S. I know some out there are saying turn the counter off and start enjoying some flying, you gready *!#. I promise I'll try, just this last bit of tweaking, you nosey *&!#***.

Mike, Mgbottled and any other Radeon 9700 users:With DX9 and the new drivers and panel, I'm seeing no noticible difference in pic quality or framerates either with min AA and Ansio or max. I may see a momemtary drop down two or three frames in highly congested airports, but still hovering around the same (I'm locked at 25).Wondering if I've reached processor limits, and may try to overclock a bit more.At EGLL, running FS Sky World and FS METEO (showing few scattered clouds with winds at 8 knots), with 50% ATC (PAI aircraft), settings maxed (except mesh at 90%, Water at details only, no aircraft or building shadows) and with Frames locked at twenty five I get: Fluctuations between 25 and 24.3 except at congested terminal when frames may drop to 17 momentarily. I'm using the FSD T-38 in 2D view.System: P4 2.8 @ 2.9 with 512 DDR 2700 @ 3200 Radeon 9700.Any thoughts?P.S. I know some out there are saying turn the counter off and start enjoying some flying, you gready *!#. I promise I'll try, just this last bit of tweaking, you nosey *&!#***.

Guest kilo_sierra17

My system,PIII 500Geforce 3 Ti 200512MB RAM @ 100MHZWin XP PRO80 GB ATA 133 7200 RPM17 Inch, M780Installed DX 9, booted up fine and went into the game, tested it and I found no imporvement at all, maybe slighlty smoother when getting lower frames, other then that no big deal, went back to 8.1 and will wait for offical release.Kurt

hassata; I'm running DX8.1 and won't be changing to DX9 till something makes me. Maybe FS2k4? I run 90% Mesh and water on Detail cause I don't like the water reflections. Frames locked at 20 with everything else on and maxed. Clouds at 60%, Visibility at 100mi, ATC at default now. Frames will stay at 20 95% of time. Drop to 17.5 when landing at Seattle or LAX. No problem. So you're right about where I'd expect cause you're running more ATC. I'm running 4xAA (no difference with 6xAA) also running 16xAF and yes, I see subtle differences if I turn AF down to 8xAF. Not much though. I don't think the pic gets any better than it is in this sim. It's about perfect. If I switch from 20max frames to 30max frames, she sits right on 30 95% of the time, but I notice some loss in terrain quantity. Quality is still there. So, I settled on 20max. She's nice and smooth.

Thanks for the info. I notice a bit of shimmering with my settings when looking at airport buildings or Gerrish's trees (I'm at 1280 res). I think I'll bump up Ansio to 16x, but I doubt it will help.

Hitut tut.. why dose everyone buy new systems to get these FPS, I checked mine on my PIII 866mhz and I am getting that too!!Shane

..just to tell you my experience with DX9I've downloaded the DX9 and I have to say that for now I see no improvements in FS2K2 (however problems with other apps are gone).The 1st flight went OK, happy take off and landing no problems at all, however the next day as I was about to fly some more, I have experienced this weird problem that my airplane sinks into ground and crashes. Also the day appears to be night from the cockpit (some texturing problems??) and I also get smearings (hill tops)...This probably has something to do with DX9 (or maybe not?) since I did not change anything else.It doesn't matter what airplane I use or where I want to fly, the problem is persistent everywhere. It might be that my drivers are too old (about 6months?) so I'll try to update and also to reinstall FS later today...Specs:AMD 900, Geforce 3Ti200, WinXP (no SP1 because it destabilizes my system), DX9-R0

I'm running FS98SE (which doesn't have the go back feature like XP). Tried DX-9 beta. Wish I hadn't. No improvements seen in FS2002, but now with DX-9 my previously stutter free CFS3 now has lots. Ruined the game big time.:(GeF4 4200 128 MB== WHK ==P.S. yes CFS3 was an outstanding sim when it was stutter free (I used to be one of the very lucky ones with none).

Not sure if this is where to post this but I have a question. I downloaded and installed DirectX9 like you all did and now there's a folder in my "Program FilesManaged DirectX(0308)" that has a EULA file that says this is a Beta release and will quit working after Feb 12, 2002. Now I installed it after that date and it still works but is it gonna quit on me at some time?