Sign in to follow this  

Ariane B737-300 Problem... :-(

Hello....!I like a model of Ariane B737-300! (news Version!) It is some Problem! How make fix?1.) Cockpit (B737-300 ADVANCED Analogin Cockpit Ariane)some news Version.Not work A/T see picture...http://www.buechiland.de/images/arina00a.jpg2.) Spoilers, I see Wings, to "#". Spoilers go very fast!! But, one is okay! Where is by aircraft.cfg List? See picture...http://www.buechiland.de/images/arina01a.jpgHow make this fix?? Please help me!Thank you....Sebastian

Don't know how to fix the spoiler animation, maybe they'll issue a patch. As to the absence of the autothrottle, that's intentional. They tried to replicate an old analog version of the 737 cockpit, based on the layout of some older 737-300s that Southwest still uses. They don't have autothrottle. You have to control the throttle manually. Not really too difficult, if you ask me.Misha

Guest Milio_B

The spoilers that go "fast" are the ones that deploy with reverse thrust I believe...there's no patch for it, and I hope Ariane will fix it, as well as some other issues with those 737sThey are quite expensive to have those kinds of flaws if you ask me.

"They are quite expensive to have those kinds of flaws if you ask me."Considering the prose used on Ariane's website, I suspect they thought most of their customers wouldn't notice. Such showy language as"retraction actuators, cardian lugs, piston rods that smoothly retract"or "lower side stays, folding drag struts and shock absorber strokes and brake torque flanges"seems to make me feel that Ariane thinks the customer would be so wowed with the prose, that they wouldn't question discrepancies.Here are the issues I've found so far:a) In the internal view, the landing light housing on the flap pylon stays visible, even when the light is off. In the external view, the housing disappears as it should.:( Wing textures are transluscent. At night especially, you can see the city lights through the wings. This dates back to the 737-400, but they went ahead and released the 737-300 with the same problem.c) The engine pylon at the rear of the wing, in the internal view, has a texture "bleedthrough" (at least in the UA model). It looks like a streak of dirt, but if you zoom in, it actually is a bit of the textures at the wing root showing through. Add to that the issues noted in the first post. But to those I should only mention, having recently flown on a 737, that the spoilers deployed in landing do deploy pretty darn fast.None of these issues are show stoppers. OTH, the main selling point, stressed over and over, is accuracy in visuals. Also, I am concerned that customers buying new product (like the America West aircraft) are blessed with updated .air, .cfg, effects and .mdl files, while existing customers who bought product only a few weeks ago are left hanging in the wind, waiting. That's plain b.s., IMHO....

Guest Milio_B

Well, you should also consider that all the "updated" cfgs Ariane claims to give are...just non-existant. They are updated becasue they changed the ui_variation and other stuff. and maybe becasue it works with DF, who knows....and all those new FX are mostly new textures.Gee, it seems this Ariane thing will never be over...

I hear you. Once vendors start playing around with wording like that, it's time to enjoy what you have, and forget about the vendor ever coming through with anything resembling support.Over at the Dreamfleet forum, they are updating the Cardinal with an RG version, and they are increasing the dihedral slightly. Free upgrade. I don't have to go out and buy another repaint for the improvements. I raised the dihedral as an issue, but I am in a very small minority thinking it is one. In such a small minority, that I now tend to believe it's more an issue of the way things can distort when rendered on my PC's ancient monitor. Yet DF has added it in anyway.It took them a while with all the other projects on their plate, but it makes a heck of a difference in where I spend my minimal add-on funds, when DF recognizes a gripe of one or two customers, even when the majority like it the way it is. So I'm saving my money for DF's next project, vs. saving it for Ariane's next texture pack. I think I'll get a better ROI, and even though Lou's style is "unique", he doesn't b.s.... I'd rather have a vendor call me a bloody fool, vs. trying to throw around buzzwords and doublespeak. Lou has no problem calling it like it is, and you learn something in the process. Pity he doesn't visit the forum more often, just to share his piloting stories :(

Guest Toni Rauch

.....I wish I was allowed to fly his aeroplane, but as I've been very naughty, 'Bobbo' banned me. :-( It REALLY hurts when you guys can enjoy all the "retraction actuators, cardian lugs, piston rods that smoothly retract, lower side stays, folding drag struts and shock absorber strokes and brake torque flanges", whilst I can only dream about them.....I'm missing out on such fun !!!:-lol :-lol Toni.

Don't know which updates exactly you are referring to, but for the Aeroflot 737-400 for example, if you go to your old orders page and download it again you get an updated version.Misha

Don't have the Aeroflot.... I have the UA version, released after the Aeroflot. It still has the issues I noted. There is no update yet--I've asked.

John, I dont understand what the problem could be, after all it is the same model simply with a different name. I think it's a case of I've had your money, tough luck. Nothing changes, history shows this has been the case throughout Mr. Tishy's life in Flightsims.As far as the wording, I've said before an attempt to make something seem better than it is..a distortion of facts.I've been hearing a few storys as to why things have not been fixed, as usual it concerns money or lack of it. I'll wait untill I have my concrete evidence before going down another road with my friend.George