Sign in to follow this  

Effects not working

Two days ago, I noticed that all my water effects were not working. Instead of waves crashng on the beach, I get white blocks. Same with wake effects and smoke effects. I copied all the effects files from disk 1 and replaced the old effects files but still no joy. This has happened to me before and the only solution that worked was to reinstall FS2002. Does anyone know what mught cause this problem to randomly appear and a fix, short of reinstallation? Thanks for any feedback. Jim Golden, GySgt, USMC (Ret.)

sounds like a Graphics display problem rather than the effect files or Flightsim being corrupted.. ??Maybe check your vid card and drivers ?

Phoenix,I would think so too but why would it work for weeks and thenthe problem occures. After a reinstall, the problem goes away. I have a NiVidia GForce2 Ultra with 64Mgs. It should be able to handle the load. Any suggestions on drivers? I am currently useing 29.42Althon 1.2 gig thunderbird, 512 DDR ramJim Golden, GySgt, USMC (Ret.)

Hey I have that problem as well...for the 1st one week I had lovely waves breaking on the shores and now all I get is white blocks moving instead...if a plane crashes in to the sea all I get is a big white expanding rectangle or square moving outwards to emulate ripples or circular water movement(when some object falls in still water).I dont think this has anything to do with hardware but is a FS2002 problem that probably does starts due installation of 3rd party software (scenery or aircraft effects ??)...I am not an expert on all this but I have a gut feeling this has to do with what I said above

My thought exactly Tropical. Now if anyone knows of a fix, it wpuld be appriciated. Tried new drivers but no joy.:-(Jim Golden, GySgt, USMC (Ret.)

Tony's thread is worth a visit but the problem being dealt there is localised to the scenery location as well as the emma field Add-on I think...:-hmmmSpecifically I think my problem has started after I downloaded the Airbus A320 from "project airbus" which comes with a lot of "effects" files that are copied into the "effects" folder.And if its worth a mention here another user I know had his problem solved when he used light aircraft (non-heavy on the system) with tri-linear filtering turned on...he got better waves splashing about. But if u want to fly Airbuses & boeiings then...:-(