Sign in to follow this  

North Africa flight restrictions

Guest goon

Hi all,My much drawn out round the world archer flight will cross the Straits of Gibraltar in to Africa over the weekend (weather and my girlfriends mood permitting!) I'm making my route up as I go along, but want to adhere to real world issues as far as possible. That in mind, does anyone have a link to a site with inforamtion on which countries are restricting visiting civillian aircraft at the moment?Ooh, and some links to good scenery for N. Africa would be really appreciated too. I can't find a thing.Many thanks,Gareth Evans

Gareth it will take you in the archer will take you over 23 hours to complete

flying around the world in the dreemfleet archer2 what is the max cruising speed of the archer it may take less then what I figured that number was with out the winds how much fuel do you think you will burn during your record setting flight I am going to try the same thing my self but in the FSD Commander 115TC Gareth ok how long do you think it will take me to do the same exact flight in the Commander 115TC?

It'll take a lot longer than 23 hours, LOL ;-)That's the beauty of it though, I've done it online with a group of pilots in anything from a Commander to a 744.

Guest goon

I have no idea Awash2002! I am doing my flight in legs, in between VA flying, and just mucking about. I have flown seven legs so far to just reach Gibraltar from Manchester. The Archer does not anything like the range to fly non-stop round th world. My next few flights willbe endurance tests, as like all true adventures I have totally faield to plan or test for this trip.I am literally making the route up as I go along, and it is as much an excuse to go to places I would never go to in FS as anything else. Like I said, I have a slight connection to reality for thi strip, but not too much!Good luck with your Commander trip!Regards,Gareth Evans

That is how I am dong mine in I am on my first leg and it is a long one at that I am flying from my hometown airport in Calhoun GA id is KCZL to EGLL heathrow over 3,000miles so far i am doing 189kts at 9,000feet the next leg will be flown at 10,000feet in the red special edition commander 115TC

LOL, 3000 miles in a commander???????????????????No single will go that far. Not very realistic.

I am going to realy test that theary to its limits

only way you can test it, is turn off your "unlimited fuel" option that you must have checked to make it across the ocean ;-)

I have it turned off and I am running MP 35inches porp 2500rpm

In a Commander, you won't make it that far... Can't fool us by telling us you did, either :) The typical route would be Newfoundland to Greenland, Greenland to Iceland, then come in to the Northern part of the British Isles. And even then, I think ferry flights usually have to carry a bit of extra fuel.It would be a fun project, to fly around the world. I'd probably do it in the 421C... More range, more safety, and the ability to cross the major mountain ranges over a well chosen route. Assuming I could keep the route to <30,000 miles, it'd take around 100-120 hours of flight time.-John

I have it turned off and I am running MP 35inches porp 2500rpm Well, what's the point then? That's totally unrealistic????