Sign in to follow this  

around the world in the FSD Commander 115TC

I will plan a around the world flight in the FSD Comannder 115TC I will file for 9,000 from KCZL to london heathrow

Guest outtatimeiii

I'm doing a round the world flight too, although mine isnt planned yet due to lack of time (I'm in college full time). I'm going to start from KMGC (Michigan City, IN, my home town) in a Ford Trimotor or the Robin DR400, or even perhaps a P-51.

I am on my first leg right now and man is it a long one to over 3,000NM it will take me 20.30hours to fly 20hours and 30 minutes so all day

as I said before, totally unrealistic, that plane can not fly that far, but hey, if it makes you happy more power to ya!

Yeah I dont get the point of flying around the world in the commander if you are flying one leg of 3000 mi. How exactly does that work? Why not just hope in a 767 and be done the leg in 6 hours. Save you a lot of time. I think it would be cool to try it by flying small legs take your time and see the virtual world. I guess thats just me.Andrew

That's what I want to do. Small plane, short hops, white knuckles over water. Where's the fun in loading up the 767? You can do the whole trip in three legs...

I think what he was getting at is "What's the point of flying 3000nm" in a Commander, that couldn't even get close to that in the real world. I believe he was suggesting what you just did. Shorter, realistic legs.

Guest outtatimeiii

Thats what i'm doing. I dont have the patience or a plane that can go that far. My hops are 100nm or below. I'll be lucky if I can get 600nm with the plane im using, and I REALLY dont wanna do that in a single hop unless I have to.

How about I get in the SR-71A blackbird and fly it at mach 3.2

Yeah that would be original but I would need a longer runway then what calhoun has it is 5,000feet

LOL I was being fecitious, but that's ok. It would be the farthest from original.