Sign in to follow this  

747 V3 Posky in the file lyberi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gosh, that was quick! lol i thought they weren't supposed to be out till Nov. 19th!George

Mine sparks, from the number 2 and 3 engine. How do I get rid of that? Cool effect though. Much better than Meljet's on first impression. Tom

Looks like its worth a download.... But this is noted in the readme:**** MODELS or FDE's CANNOT BE MODIFIED, RECOMPILED or REDISTRIBUTED ****Believe me, if someone posts a fix with the FDE, and it's something I can use to make an aircraft more enjoyable, I'm going to apply the fix on my system. Same with mods to pax load, whatever. I certainly don't condone people posting new aircraft.cfg files, but Microsoft has made the aircraft.cfg parameters public knowledge, and even U.S. law protects people who want to adjust software for their own use or for research, as was pointed out the other day. As for models, I wholeheartedly agree that they should be left alone. But as jase pointed out, perhaps we need to apply a new phrase--bureauware--to freeware which is bureaucratically licensed.

Guest eko

That statement SHOULD read:"Models of our airplanes cannot be modified, recompiled and/or redistributed. FDE's cannot be modified and redistributed, but modifications for personal use are allowed as long as the file is not distributed."There is really absolutely nothing that they can do about individuals posting modifications (via text messages) to the aircraft.cfg file, either.Also, I am quite disturbed by them putting in that statement. Since Microsoft allows modification of their AIR files and redistribution, why should POSKY be allowed to change the inherent license that these files have? I'm not talking about changing them and then claiming them as your own for a project... or even not claiming them and using them in a project. That I will stand by them that it should not be allowed.Has Microsoft not given us the TOOLS to make modifications to the aircraft.cfg files? (In the form of FSEdit). To say that you are not allowed to do this with the tools that come with the simulator, and to further imply that you are not allowed to share your knowledge is absolutely absurd.Bad form POSKY!

Hi there,>**** MODELS or FDE's CANNOT BE MODIFIED, RECOMPILED or REDISTRIBUTED ****

Seems a bit overzealous to me? If someone wants to make any of my planes fly and/or look better and distribute the end result, GO FOR IT! Not only does the public benefit from someone else's skills, I do as well! As I certainely don't know everything there is to know! Just my take on it....Rick Sasala

Just a bit confused. Is one allowed to modify it a bit for own use without redistributing or uploading or make it known to the world?

Hi. Great plane. One question though - Where does the 744-Effects folder go in the installation. I can't find any reference to it. Thanks for the GREAT plane. Regards, Bob.

I just downloaded the KLM version, very nice plane. There is just one problem, the strobe lights on it are floating above the wing tips. Any fix for thsi?