Sign in to follow this  
Carabou

Airport in Canada in a scenic area - Ingenika

I've just been doing some of my real navigational flight revision on FS, using VORs. A really good way to test if your using the VORs correctly is go to the "Ingenika" Airport in the mountains. It's got a excellent mesh scenery (default) allowing one to fly a cool circuit. The airport itself is up on a cliff, near a river which runs through out the mountains.I was able to do revision on different inbound/outbound courses, wind correction using VORs which were approx. 100nm away hehe. I ended up eventually flying right over the VOR i was using throughout my whole flight.Its kinda challenging flying over such a remote area, and using a beacon thats MILES away.Try it out.Will

Guest Frank Betts

Hey that sounds like fun. Think I'll try that one out myself. Love the Vor work. Thanks for the tip Will.

Guest Frank Betts

That is a nice airport to fly out of and land. Wicked default mesh there. I started to add some scenery to it and wound up doing 4 default airports within that area. Now they don't look so baron :-smile12 I just uploaded it at the Avsim File library.

Guest KD Larsen

Well, I for one will be getting that! I've just made that airport my default start location, 'coz the view is sooo nice :-hah

HiI thought that you might like this airport ;)Frank, i see your uploaded files haven't quite made the file libary section yet, but i will sure d/l it when it's available.What addon scenery have you added, i guess you must either know the area or your just being creative?CheersWill

Cheers Frank, you've done an excellent job, definetly added some life to the airports now. Looks goodWill

Hi Will,Many thanks for the info, I'll try it this afternoon.Also, many thanks to Framk Betts, I'm downloading his new BC Scenery as we speak.Howard

Guest Frank Betts

Sorry for the late reply here. I was just feeling creative I guess. I went into map view and saw a line of default small airports along with Ingenika and thought, why not touch them up a bit. Make for a nice little flight. That was a nice find there Will. And thanks to you other folks for the compliments. :-beerchug Always looking for a spot to build on