Sign in to follow this  
Guest WorkingStiff

Seeking Advice on Leadtek WinFast GeForce2 Card.....

Guest WorkingStiff

I installed Windows XP just over a month ago and ever since I've experienced video card lockups when either running FS2002 or viewing video clips.I'm so utterly frustrated right now that I'm about to throw my PC through the window but I figured I'd ask the experts here first. I've done things ranging from updating the BIOS to changing around the PCI slot for the sound card with no solution. My computer just freezes and the only solution is to press the RESET button; nothing else works.Can anyone tell me what causing the lockups and how I can correct it?Here are my system specs:Asus A7V133 MotherboardBIOS version 1008a (latest available)AMD Athlon 1200 MHz512MB RAMWindows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)Leadtek Winfast GeForce 2 MX DH Pro graphics card (32MB)nVidia 28.32 WHQL certified driversThanks in advance.

Stiff,Let's face facts here, if an NT based OS locks-up solid, you've got a hardware problem somewhere (hopefully just resource conflict).Pull all unnecessary adapters from your system, disable unnecessary ports (Serial, parallel, USB) on your motherbord, and get your BIOS into a default state (NO overclocking, lower your memory speed's, etc). This is a starting point.Unfortunately, this could be a long road to the other side, so think of this as a 'learning experience'! We've all been down it, and have learned along the way. Check voltages with Motherboard Monitor, and dont forget to use the logging (every 5 sec). I had good stable voltages when idle, but in a game my +5vdc would drop down to 4.7vdc before stutters, hesitations, or LOCK-UPS would occur. Motherboard Monitors log ended just before the system locked up, and it showed a trend of slowly lowering 5v line. I had to upgrade my Antec 300watt to a 400watt to keep everything above 4.95vdc.These are just some things to start off with. You can always check various motherboard forums like [link:www.amdmb.com:AMDMB], where you can find a huge PILE of information in the Asus forum, just search on A7V133!Best of luck,