Sign in to follow this  
Guest eko

Jorge Salas' Boeing 747-400 Advanced Panel - Version 2

I have installed this wonderful panel (Great job, Jorge!!! Many thanks!!)for the Posky 747 V3. It works quite nicely but I have a problem to understand where to install the zip files (icons, toggles) that are in the gauges folder, after I have unziped the b747pa2.zip file. Shall I put them into the FS2002/gauges folder?Anybody knows?Regards, Juergen

Guest eko

DO NOT open, modify, or otherwise touch any of the contents of the "Gauges" folder in the distribution.Although they may have a zip archive icon on your system, they are compressed XML CAB gauges and should not be unzipped/opened.All you have to do is move the entire contents of the "Gauges" folder, to your FS2002/Gauges folder. Replacing any of my older CPT gauges you may already have.Make sure you read the install instructions and notes once again... I think I did a fairly good job of going over any possible questions, but I may have missed something... you never know! :-)If you have any other questions, I'll be keeping an eye on the forums so that I can help.Jorge 'eko' Salas

Since the other poster opened a problem session, I thought I would add two problems.1. I cannot get the ARC/ROSE switch to change positions. Which switch in the panel.cfg, so I can troubleshoot.2. The fuel status gauge you provided in your package was the version one vice the version two. I happened to have downloaded the version two gauge from www.flightsim.com , so I swapped it out. For anyone interested in the version two gauge, the file is rg_fstt2.zip.

Guest eko

Hmmm, I'll have to check my version of the fuel status gauge... I'm pretty certain I included version 2, but if you say it isn't, then I probably goofed. Sorry. :-)Also, regarding the arc/rose switch. It has a VERY small toggle area (limitation of the original switch, unfortunately). Move your mouse pointer to the left end of the word "ROSE" and fiddle around there, it should turn into a hand so you can click. Once you know where it is, it will become second nature.

Hi. I tried that but the mouse pointer turn into a hand but the ROSE/ARC switch won't click. Any suggestions? Thanks, Bob.

Guest eko

I don't know what to say at this point. It's been working fine for me since I first started the panel, and all the beta testers didn't have any problems with it.Only one individual has written me an e-mail with the rose/arc problem, but once I directed them as to where to click, everything was fine. They just hadn't found the click area yet.Only other thing I can possibly suggest, is to open up the overhead. Move your mouse to the bottom edge of it until it becomes a resizing pointer, and make the overhead slightly bigger (or smaller).This will force the entire panel to redraw (including the gauges). That sometimes kicks things into gear. (Works well too when you lose the sound of the seatbelt/smoking switches.)Other than that, I can only say what I have said before... fish around for the toggle area until you find it. I know it works! (Really, it does!) :-)

Eko (Jorge),Used your panel for a 747-400 flight from KMCO to KLAX. I really like your VFR panel for flying. To me, it beats even the virtual cockpit.I finally was able to find the ARC/ROSE mouse points. It seems the ROSE mouse point is smaller than the ARC mouse point.You have done an excellent job on this panel.:-beerchug

Guest eko

Wheh, I'm glad you were able to find the click spot!! :-)I'm pretty happy with how the VFR panel turned out. Normally, I do not include those sorts of views, but I got many e-mails after version 1 asking if I would consider it. I did. :-)Glad you like the panel!

Jorge,I've been working on the CRJ panel again (new overhead, HUD, revised center post perspective, corrected tool tips, and more), and one of the problems I had initially was disguising the 747 arc/rose toggle (which I did by shrinking the thing to the point of invisibility). This worked okay, but the toggle was very hard to find. I solved this by using your transparent 'dummy' toggle and writing in code similar to the 747 switch. The result is a transparent toggle sized as large as necessary, that works like the original. Now I've got to look into adding the 'click' to the switches.Thanks again for your very fine collection of switches and toggles. Much needed doctoring of the 747 panel, by the way - great job.Leon

Guest eko

Leon,I just got done upgrading my switches collection to include sound using Bill Morads solution. Some of those switches made it into the 747 V2 panel, but I have re-done my entire collection. Look for a release sometime soon, but I want to completely test them before release.In the meantime, just de-cab the switches that come with the 747 panel to see how I added sound to them. E-Mail me with any questions if you want... I'm always willing to help! The Panel and Design forum here is also quite helpful.