Sign in to follow this  
Guest jrsky75

The best computer to run MSFS 2002 at? Need an advice

Guest jrsky75

Can everyone please post a suggestion as for the new computer i should get... I know there are lots of computer Gurus here :)I Need a fast high end system, the best video card (i think the GeForce 4 Ti 4600 is my target...), the best sound card, the best RAM for the best motherboard, procesor, and so on :)Best regards:-jumpyRodrigo NavarroKSAN/MMTJBTW- Thanks for posting an answer

Guest georgi55

The best computer for....perhaps i should keep my mouth shut...lolR u planing to build it or buy it complete?If you r gonna buy and got some money (looks like u do), I will suggest to get Alien ware's gaming PC.http://www.alienware.com/

Guest jrsky75

Georgi, thanks for the suggestion, another folk also mentioned me this system, it looks pretty, and I mighy end up with it, since i don't have experience building it up myself.The other problem i have is...That i don't want Windows XP, i will try to see if they can build it with Windows Me :)Best RegardsRodrigo NavarroKSAN / MMTJ

Guest SD Sim

Hi Rodrigo,Posted my thoughts in the MS Flight Simulator general discussion forum.

Guest georgi55

>The other problem i have is...That i don't want Windows XP, >i will try to see if they can build it with Windows Me :) Yes, just click "customize" and you can change everything in any way you want.BTW, Im runing on XP and dont have any problem :)

Guest jrsky75

Thanks a lot :)BUMP- please keep the suggestions up :)Best Regards:-jumpyRodrigo NavarroKSAN / MMTJ

Guest PaulL01

Do not use MS ME! ME is the worst OS you could ever use, very bad compatability and stability issues.Use Win98SE. XP-home or Win2000.Paul

Hi Rodrigo,Having just constructed my own system I can recommend the following: -1. MSI MS-6380 mobo with VIA KT266A chipset.2. Athlon XP2000 (or XP2100) processor.3. Crucial 512Mb PC2100 RAM.4. GeForce4 Ti4600 (Creative are in plentiful supply).5. IBM DeskStar 120GXP hard drive (various sizes).6. Iiyama Vision Master Pro 454 19" monitor.7 S/B Audigy Player soundcard.8 Creative Digital Soundworks speakers (2.1).9. CH Flight Sim yoke, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals (all USB).10. Lite-on CD-RW LTR-24102B.11. Windows XP Home.Get a good case - mine is an Antec with 350watt power supply. See http://www.antec-europe.com/en_mini_630635.htmlThe GeForce4 Ti4600 is fantastic but make sure you buy a good enough monitor to compliment it. FS2002 at 1600*1200*32 at 85Hz takes some beating. If you can afford a 22" CRT display then go for it - TFTs are still too expensive.Should be one hell of a system!Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest jrsky75

Proudfoot; thanks for the hardware list, it is very appreciated, how much $ money did you spent on this nice system?Best Regards:-jumpyRodrigo NavarroKSAN / MMTJ

Rodrigo,Proudfoot? Whatever happened to Ray? :-(Totting things up it comes to 1500 UK pounds ($2,000). If you live in the US you will be able to get it cheaper.I sold my old PC for 500 UKP so the net loss was 1000 UKP.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather