Sign in to follow this  
Guest RichardL

How To Disable Log In Screen

Guest RichardL

Anyone know how to disable the Windows Me log in screen. It's the one at boot that wants a username and password. I thought by clicking OK without a password would prevent it from appearing again, but it still shows up at very boot.I'm running PM and want the systems to start the PFD/ND and ECAM with out having to click the log in screen. I do have the PM and WideFS in the Start Up folder so they auto start at boot.Thanks,Richard

Guest georgi55

Try this:Start->Settings->Control Panel->Network->In the middle where it says "Primary Network Logon" select "Windows Logon" and reboot.Let me know if this did the trick.

Guest SD Sim

I don't have windows ME, but you should be able to go into the user accounts in the control panels and remove your password. See if this helps.

Guest georgi55

>I don't have windows ME, but you should be able to go into >the user accounts in the control panels and remove your >password. See if this helps. That is if you setted up pasword for windows. In this case, the pasword is for network, so my procedure above should remove logon screen.(it's worht the try though, cause somtimes (or always? :() you never know what is windows doing, ecpecialy in 9x (incluing Me))

Try this:Look for your LoginName.PWLDelete that file. For that matter, delete ALL .PWLNext time you login, it will ask you to enter your windows login. Do the null password thingy. Cheer,

Guest RichardL

Thanks all. Georgi's recommendation worked.Richard

Guest georgi55

Just saying that I'm Glad that was able to help :)