Sign in to follow this  

GeForce2 MX400 Problems

I Have a GeForce2 MX400 video card on my p4 1800 mhz. how I can resolve this problem (see picture below) without change the videocard? I have the latest driver (28.32).Anyone can help me? And why sometimes the framerate drops from 30 to 15-12 fps, and until I change any setting in display option the fps remains low? Thanks In advance! BYE!

I have the same problem with fps,but with Anti Aliasing on my panels go all wierd,i have 28,32 also and im gonna go back with the older drivers.

When I was running the same card as you have, I used the 12.41 drivers and it took care most of the problems I was having.It has been said in the past that using the lastest drivers with older NVidia cards can lead to problems as the new drivers are geared towards the newest cards.Go to http://www.guru3d.com and get the detonator destroyer program and the 12.41 drivers, then follow the instructions to properly remove your current drivers and then install the 12.41 drivers. You'll have a little reading to do to get the drivers uninstalled and installed properly, but the results are worth it!Good luck,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I run a GF2 MX4 and started having problems with the drivers above 21.83, so I kept it. Anything above that makes funny pink patterns appears over the panel in 2D mode.Trying older driver versions seems to be the solution, but you don't need to go all the way down to the 12.41. Newer drivers will probably perform better. This is one of those case of "try and error until you find it" ;).Regards.

Hey Malves,I'll bet that just about every possible motherboard/bios/cpu/OS combo will like a different version of the NVidia driver up to a certain number, and each version of the MX (200, 400, 32, 64, DDR, SDR...etc) put into each one of those motherboard/bios/cpu combo's will like a different driver! :)The best advise that I've seen is "If its working, don't go to a more recent driver for the sake of having the most up to date driver."I found that my Asus 7700 MX200 32mb SDR card and Abit BE6, bios whatever running a PIII 600 in win98se liked the 12.41's (and I tried them ALL). But of course that exact same video card might like 21.83's in my friend's system. :)You are right....Just pick one, try it, and if it don't work, its on to the next one!Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I definetely agree with you. I know a guy that won't change his 12.41 for nothing in this world. :-beerchug Cheers, my friend.