hey guys.. maybe someone can help me with this. I just rebuilt my computer with a New MoBo, Athlon 1.7+, case etc.... I put in my old DVD/ROM, Floppy and dual hard drives running Win 98SE. I have a Verto/GForce 200 Vid 32 meg card, 128 meg DDR (getting more tomorrow) and with both a V.90 phone modem and a Kingston Ethernet card for my cable modem. Here's my problem... on boot up I get a blue screen stating that there is an incorrect address involving "VxD CWCJOY (02) + 00000062 at {or something like it} 3BFD Service 3". I click yes to continue and I get a second blue screen with the same stuff except for it says "000000C2" . I then hiy Y to continue and it seems to boot normaly. the screen says I need to run the windows setup program but I can't seem to get it to load like I used to by holding F2.Anyone have any ideas on what seems to be wrong and what i can do to fix it???ThanksBrian

Guest SD Sim

Hi Brian,The only suggestion I can make is also the most extreme. Format the HD and reinstall your operating system. I think the general consensus is that OS problems are not unusual on a new MB if you don't reinstall the OS. Sorry that I don't have an easier solution. Maybe someone else can come up with something better?

Brian...have you run the chipset updater for your Mobo? See my post on a similar problem, that was the issue all along.If you go to the chipset vendor for your mobo, you'll find the applicable update there.A google search shows this file to belong to Crystal Sound. Does your mobo have embedded sound per chance?If you've already done so...back to square one! :)bt

Yep, the original MOBO had crystal sound... the new one has it's own sound drivers... I found the culprit when I tried FS2002 for the first time. the views cept cycling... I checked my game controllers and found a phantom gameport joystick.... there isn't on on the system but the machine thought it had one and it was overiding my USB stick. I removed the gameport stick and voila... no more blue screens.... I'm probably gonna be upgrading to windows Me in the near future.. that hopfully will fix THAT little problem. as for the rest.. it working fine and runs 2002 SOOOOOO much better.Brian

Just a silly question! Why would you upgrade to WinME!?? It is not going to be supported by Microsoft much longer. It isn't any better than a good fresh install of Win98SE!

I don't have a "stand alone" win 98 disk.. just the "restore disk" that came with my E Machines E-monster. it has alot of stuff on it I don't need so I am reluctant to install it since it messes up all my drivers when I do.Brian