Sign in to follow this  

Yoke, Pedals and STICK all USB - questions....

I have a USB yoke and pedals ( boht CH ) and a logitech stick ( for those times when i need a Rotary Wing Fix....My question....How can i easiliy switch from one to the other? ie from yoke to stick - and have it remember settings....?Richard GreenVATUSA4Events and VA Director

Guest georgi55

Since its USB, why dont you leave everything connected and just use the one you need?I have MS Force Feed Back Pro connected to Joysticik port, and CH Yoke connected to USB.I leve them both connected all the time and have no problem at all - in XP.

Thanks but I was reffering to yoke vs stick button assignments etc.... stuff like that...Richard GreenVATUSA4Events and VA Director

Richard...in my experience with FS2002, you can't. A grevious oversight on MS's part imo. A far more elegant solution was implemented in FlyII which has separate controller inputs for Fixed and Rotary Wing A/C.So in summary, if you find a solution, tell me please. Its one of my few "pet peeves" with FS.Cheers,bt

I've not needed it myself, but one method is described in Peter Dowson's files on FS controls. It involves using multiple CFG files with different names, then creating shortcuts to FS for each control configuration. Add a switch to the command line in the shortcuts something like this: FLTSIM98.EXE /CFG:TEST.CFGThat causes the sim to run with TEST.CFG instead of FltSim98.CFG. You only need to pick the shortcut for the control configuration you want to use. Peter mentions this in both the FS98 and FS2K files and his FS2K2 file says that the FS2K file is correct for FS2K2 so it appears the method is still valid.Hope this helps!- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com