Sign in to follow this  

PLEASE HELP!! AGP issues

Just built my new system. FIC AD-11 MBoard with Athlon XP1900+, 512 MB Ram. All of the drivers and patches are correctly installed, along with Direct-X 8.1 update. FS2002 crashes randomly. Sometimes it won't load at all and will go back to the desktop, or other times it will run for a minute and then give me that damn "error report to micosoft" screen, at which point it will lock up, and other times it will simply freeze or give me the dreaded blue "fatal exception" screen. I was using an ATI All-In-Wonder 128 PRO AGP card. I took it out and put in an old PCI card, which worked perfectly with FS2002. So I went out and bought a new NVidia G-Force MX440...and I'm right back to square one with the lockups, etc. I have played with everything in BIOS I can, tried every resolution for FS2002, reinstalled every version of AMD's and FIC's drivers I can find, still to no avail. Anyone that can give me some ideas??? I hate to think I just wasted $150 on a new video card, and still can't get it to work. It has to be an AGP issue since the PCI card works fine. Thanks.

Guest SD Sim

Have you checked the IRQ allocations in the BIOS? Make sure that you're not sharing an IRQ with another device.

There might be somthing worng with your agp slot in your mothereboard othere then that u will have to keep changing drivers to u find the problem go back to old ones and keep changing if thats not it u might have to bring back the motherboard go for in asus or a soyo here are some good links and dont give up on it take a break once in ahwile and go back to your p.c and try diffent things i know its hard but keep trying davids right check your irq's what os u have??http://www.amdzone.com/http://www.slota.com/

FIC indicates this board will run up to ~XP1800+, yet you are running the XP1900+? I also reviewed the latest two BIOS (1/10/02) and (10/17/01) and neither increased the MOBO's capability above the stated ~XP1800+.Could it be that you are try to drive the board faster than it is capable? You might try slowing down the clock speed to see if you problems abate.

I can't believe you have had the same problem as I had. I don't think the problem is caused by your cpu, I was using a 1.3GHz @200 FSB. My experiments were similar and I checked the video cards on a different computer. Video cards were good and the AGP slot on the AD-11 would work with older AGP cards (16Meg memory type). Never figured it out and came to conclusion that the AGP slot had become damaged. If you find out how to fix the problem let me know since I'd like to use the board in another system.

Have you installed the AMD AGP registry patch? You mentioned "all of the drivers and patches," but this would likely only be on the CD that came with the board. If you downloaded current everything, you may have missed it. All it does is set a specific key in the registry, specifically:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlSession ManagerMemory ManagementLargePageMinimum"=dword:ffffffffIf you're into doing things like that, you could fire up REGEDIT and have a look at that value...Have you considered heat as an issue? Can you run anything else that is seriously processor intensive without crashing. If the answer is no, something may be running to hot. Might be a good excuse to fire up Quake }>Doug Dawson