Sign in to follow this  

ATI Smoothvision problem

Has anyone else seen this problem? Whenever I use anti-aliasing my panels get blurry, as if they are being redrawn slightly out of place. I have tried all sorts of tweaks, with no luck. Outside textures and ground textures remain sharp and clear....AMD XP1900KT3 Ultra1 GB DDR 2700 RAMRadeon 8500 Omega 1.0.71 driver

Set FS2K2 to use bilinear filtering. There is also a problem when using high settings with smoothvision in conjunction with high anisotropic filter settings. Try 4X smoothvision and 4X anisotropic and see if that helps.Dennis

My, very recent, experience of this, having just installed a new g/card. I set everything at max and then 'Created a flight' and got the blurring dials and controls.Taking your prompt, I set the Tri-Linear to Bi-linear and didn't get any change. I exited FS and looked at the card set-up, which included taking the option to boost the performance. On restarting FS I found the display was fine. Reselected Tri-Linear and it went bad again. BUT I exited FS with Tri-Linear still set and restarted FS. Now the display is OK.Perhaps then, there is a need for FS to start-up in the required setting rather than trying to change it and use it in the same 'session'.Nigel

Further to my previous things haven't gone so well. When starting FS even with Tri-Linear set it works O.K. But if I exit from that flight or reset it in anyway then returning to the cockpit shows the dials smearing.Where is the 'Smoothvision' setting to be found?Nigel

I have since upgraded the Nvidia drivers from the Nvidia site and the problem has gone away.Nigel

Guest dpc

If you are updating NVidia drivers then you are not using an ATI card are you?