Sign in to follow this  

ATC problems???

Hi first i want to thank you guys for helping me solve my other problems wich i already have,but i have another one now...First when i create a flight and choose an a/c i cant change the airline that i would like ATC to call me and it calls me by the ID Number(N2001Z) how can i fix that, and anothe thing ATC is cancelling my IFR FP, im flying at my assing altittude, and then i recieve a few messages saying to expidite to my assign altittude and then after ATc cancels my fP...Pls help me thx

Guest RonB49

I'm not sure that I onderstand your problem with the airline name, perhaps someone else can help. On the second problem,I suspect that you are flying above FL180 (18,000') and failing to reset your altimeter to 29.92. That is normally the reason. R-

Guest ssurjap

Getting ATC to call your airline name is complicated because you have to practically take apart a couple of files and paste them back in a certain way. I always go with the ones they have.

Guest ssurjap

You mean the one with the Airline Name (the one you have blank). Unless there's an editor out there that does it, you'll have to take a couple of files apart and insert your stuff in there and then it'll call your airline name.As far as the other issue with your FP being cancelled, never ever file and fly at FL180. The problem with FL180 is you need to set the altimeter to 29.92. However, FS2k2's ATC has a hard time with FL180, so they think you're either above or under. Always go with FL190 or above.

Guest dogknot

Looks to me like you are missing the airlines.cfg that is located in the aircraft folder in FS2K2. Open the aircraft folder, where you keep all your planes and scroll to the bottom. There should be an airlines.cfg which contains all the airline names that 2k2 accesses. If it is missing, you can get the file list plus all the additional airline names that 2K2 will use (but did not include)from the library.*************************************************************** As far as your assigned altitude problem, it sounds to me like your altimeter is set incorrectly. You can do this manually via the altimeter gauge or hit the 'B' key on your keyboard. I do this frequently, a good practice to get into. Like the other posts stated, above 180 (18000') 29.92 must be set on the altimeter.

Guest paulri

Assuming for a moment you have the airline.cfg file, on the screen where you have the blank, just type in the name you want to use--be sure that name (callsign) is in the airline.cfg file first though. Otherwise, as has been mentioned, it is a long, laborious process editing the big voice files MS provides.I have used the change call sign option in the menu you are showing, works just fine. Paul

Guest dogknot

Hello dj_aztec the file is in the avsim library filename: accalls.zip author: Richard Taylor

Well thx to all you guys,,, i fixed my problems now im ready to fly and have fun,,,im actually gonna start my flying around the world..thx gain and have fun