Faster memory will give you better performance (more bandwidth so to speak) but not having enough of it is going to hit you hard in the backside ... no matter how slow memory is, it is still thousands of times faster then swapping to disk because you ran out.Your questions really need more information, but a good baseline for memory these days with a current OS like Windows 2000 or Windows XP is 512 Megs. Do not even consider less then 256 Megs unless you like visits to the dentist :-eekCan you post a little more info of what you are exactly trying to figure out? Quality DDR and RDRAM are getting pretty close in price.

Thank you for your answer,I would like to know if I buy a new computer, what kind of RAM should I use.I think I cannot afford to have 512MB of RDRAM. So I would like to know If it is better to have, for example, 256Mb RDRAM or 512Mb of DDR.Thank you,Lu

Visit www.crucial.com and read about the different RAM types.