Sign in to follow this  

I need Opinions please!

Thank you Tanker, I have been customizing the "Mach V system" from Falcon Northwest.What do you think of this?Microsoft Windows XP HomeCoolermaster ATC-110 Aluminum Mid TowerEnermax Whisper 550 Watt Power SupplyAsus A7V-333 5PCI USB2.0 AMD USE PC2700AMD Athlon XP 2100+Coolermaster Socket A CPU Heatsink/FanPC2700DDR 0512MBWestern Digital WD1200JB (SE) 120GBTeac 1.44mb 3 1/2 Drive (BLACK)Sony 52X IDE Internal Caddyless 78msPlextor Plexwriter 24/10/40eVGA GeForce4 Ti4600 128MB DDROptiquest Q95 19in. .27dp, 1600X1200Microsoft Internet KeyboardLogitech Optical Wheel MouseCreative Labs Audigy MP3+Klipsch Promedia 5.1 500 Watt3-Com 3C905TX 10/100 NIC3Com 56K V.90 INT PCI Hardware ModemExtended 3 Year WarrantyKnown issues with this configuration: NoneSystem Price: $ 3,592.00Thanks for your support!

>Microsoft Windows XP Home>Coolermaster ATC-110 Aluminum Mid Tower>Enermax Whisper 550 Watt Power Supply>Asus A7V-333 5PCI USB2.0 AMD USE PC2700>AMD Athlon XP 2100+>Coolermaster Socket A CPU Heatsink/Fan>PC2700DDR 0512MB>Western Digital WD1200JB (SE) 120GB>Teac 1.44mb 3 1/2 Drive (BLACK)>Sony 52X IDE Internal Caddyless 78ms>Plextor Plexwriter 24/10/40>eVGA GeForce4 Ti4600 128MB DDR>Optiquest Q95 19in. .27dp, 1600X1200>Microsoft Internet Keyboard>Logitech Optical Wheel Mouse>Creative Labs Audigy MP3+>Klipsch Promedia 5.1 500 Watt>3-Com 3C905TX 10/100 NIC>3Com 56K V.90 INT PCI Hardware Modem>Extended 3 Year WarrantyME WANTS!!!! :-jumpy:-wink2seriously nice, but do you really need a NIC and a modem?http://www.flyjetstream.com/bcards/peter_liddell.gif

>seriously nice, but do you really need a NIC and a modem?And how ADSL works?

Wow! I'm jealous already! A 550 watt power supply seems like a lot, but it depends on how much you plan to add to the system. I'm not sure how much they charge for the monitor, but there are a lot of good 19 in ones available. I use a ViewSonic G90f which can be had for about $300.Whatever you decide, be sure to post after you get everything to let us know how it all works.

>Whatever you decide, be sure to post after you get everything to let us know how it all works.Be sure of that , if I really buy it , I

Guest SD Sim

b747,You've received excellent advice in this thread, and the Falcon system sounds great. Now here is my one piece of advice that's missing from this thread. For under $2,000, you probably can assemble a similar system from scratch. I understand that you don't want to build your own, and this can really be pretty intimidating. But there is an alternative. If you look around where you live, you may very well be able to find a local computer store which will sell (individually) all of the components found in the Falcon system, and will assemble the system for you. We have at least one in San Diego, so they must exist elsewhere. Finding these may take some homework, but ask around since they do exist. You may even be able to find an online service that will assemble the system and ship it to you. Then with the money you save, you can buy a second computer, set up WidevieW, and then whamo, you're hooked. Have fun :-wave.

Guys, a big thank you for all the great info that you have provited to me , really helps and apreciate. Now I can be sure of what I

Set up a WidevieW is a great idea , you are right but has I sed earlier I don