I have never run into this situation before. I bought another HD 60g so now have 5 devices to install, 3 hardrives and 2 CDRom's. My mbo is a A7V133. Currently I have the 2 15g HD's on ATA100 primary and the DVD and burner on the 40 pin secondary.How should I best install the new HD ?Steve

Steve,If you find yourself a PCI IDE host adapter, you will be able to connect your new drive through it. If the adapter isn't ATA100, you might want to connect the CD's to it and your new drive to the secondary channel on the motherboard.Alternatively, disconnect your CD's. Attach the new drive to the secondary channel. Copy/move everything on the old D: drive (second 15Gb drive) over to the new drive. Disconnect the second 15Gb drive and connect the new drive in its place. Reconnect the CD's and discard the 2nd 15Gb drive.Alternatively, get yourself an AHA-2940UW, or equivalent and I'll swap you an 18Gb Fujitsu UW SCSI drive for one of the 15Gb IDE drives and you will be able to keep 3 drives in your system, along with the CD's.Doug Dawson

Hello again :-)How can I know if I indeed have Raid ?The book says "optional".My mbo has both primary and secondary Ultra ATA100 connectors. Also 2 more standard IDE connectors. The mbo also has a jumper for ATA100 or Raid and ata100 is default.I'm a real newbie when it comes to this stuff. :-)Your help appreciated.Steve

Steve,If your m/b has a total of 4 IDE connectors, you have RAID and you are in business. Plug your new HD in to one of the unoccupied connectors and you should be in business.Doug

Thanks Guys :-)So if I understand correctly I would now just install the 3rd HD onto one of the free connectors without actually enabling RAID ?Steve