Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

My new video card -uks!

Guest Joshieca

I got my new Leadtek Ti4600 GF4 card...installed it on Tuesday...have had nothing but trouble since then...First I can't update my bios...when I do, WIN XP wont launch past the dos/bios start up. :(If I use a really old beta bios for my mobo then WIN XP will start....I get really bad system crashes. :( The system will just reset it self...sometimes during gameplay, other times just under no load. :(I have good air temps, great air flow, and a 400W AntecPS with not too many items on it...so the card will go back on Monday and I will try the ASUS model...B)[br][br][div align=center]http://members.cox.net/joshieca/fstimeslink.gif

Well I see there is more video card trouble! I bougt an Asus Ti4400 two days ago, but it died after an hour. Suddenly my system rebooted automaticly and the only thing I saw when I started windows 98 SE was a blue screen. I went back to the computer store and they had to format my harddisk :-mad :-mad because my whole system died.Pentium III 800A Bit BE6 II motherboard512 mb RAM PC-13330 GB Hard DiskAsus GeForce 4 Ti4400 (Previous card Matrox G400 Dual-head)2 x Sony Trinitron 17" screen

Guest Joshieca

I ordered my card from Newegg.com and they were really good about it...I will be returning my Leadtek video card for a full refund....I just order the ASUS Ti4600, got free shipping, free 100pk of CDRW's, and $5.00 off to boot.Since my mobo is Asus, I am hoping that the ASUS video card will work better....at least I wont get the video card company blaming the motherboard maker and vise versa....since they are the same, who are they going to point their finger at, themselves?I am sorry to hear about your computer....My PC died on my last DEC...and I formatted it (thinking that would help), but all that it was, just my memory had died.... :(

Joshua,Sorry to hear about your PC problems, they stink don't they :(My Leadtek Ti4400 died a few weeks back after I installed a new CPU, but prior to that I had no troubles, I found them to be a goood card. I had it running on two Asus boards, it was the EPoX that killed it :-hah

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Guest Joshieca

My last video card was Leadtek and it still is running solid according to the guy who bought it from me....Well I just got an email from Newegg and its on its way....too bad I will have to wait until monday to get it.....but if it works out for me, then its good...I think that when I upgrade my computer next time, I will switch to INTEL. AMD is great when its working, but so far, I have had nothing but trouble to get it working, and then if you update something, you usually have to troubleshoot again for a while to get it working back....I guess you get what you pay for.:)