Sign in to follow this  
Guest michaelm

An advice for a new graphic card (sadly with few money

Guest michaelm

Hi there guys, I'm posting this from Italy and would like to have some advices regarding the purchase of a new video board.I have currently an 'obsolete' Abit siluro T400 with 64 SDR (I guess). I would like to change it but as mentioned, I don't have much money to spend (at least now).The only thing I can think about is a fairly cheap SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 8500LE 64MB DDR TvOut Dvi AGP which in a store near home is rated 145 $. The only doubt I have is the "LE" quote. I heard the ATI Radeon was out without this LE thing. What is the story with it?Do you thing is worth having the mentioned board.Hope to hear from you soon.Thank you in advanceMichael, Italy

Michael: I have a Ge3 Ultra that I will sell you for $75.00 American and shipping. I recently recieved a developer board as a gift, and have a spare 3.email me for details if you are interestedbtacon@attbi.comThis offer is only for Michael. If he does not want the card, I will perhaps offer it here for a similar price.Cheers,bt

Guest georgi55

Michael, btacon's deal is really good so I would sugest you to go for it instead of ATi.I've had 4 Nvidia based and 1 ATi based video cards so far, and the only time I had endless problems was when I had ATi.Here's an example of what happenes when you use ATi in FS2002.

Guest georgi55

And, this is what happenes when you use Geforce 3. (thats what btacon is offering you!)

Guest michaelm

Hi Georgi,thank you for your advice and pics of the two board. I would like to know more on that though. For example, which GEforce 3 did you have and took that pic from?I really thank you in advance for it. The more you can tell me, the fastest I get out of confusion before the choice.Michael, Italy

Guest georgi55

I had a PNY GF3 and baisicly all GF3 cards from different companies will give you almost same if not absokutely same results and perfomance.There are 3 GF3s; from slowest GF3 Ti200, then GF3, and then GF3 Ti500 is the fastes.BT is offerign you GF3 Ulta which is baisicly GF3 with many additioan softwares. (right, bt?)Im am 99% sure that you will love your card and you wont find better deals for it.BT whats the maker of it?

Guest michaelm

Thank you again, Georgi. Already emailed to BT and see all the details.Michael